How to install new Kernel on OMV from Source

• Hello,

I would like to share with you how I updated to linux 5.*.
    There are two options:
    1) Debian Experimental:
    https://unix.stackexchange.com…atest-rc-kernel-on-debian
    Currently, this gives 5.0

2) Creating a Debian package yourself:

edit /etc/default/grub --> GRUB_DEFAULT=0

Code
    sudo update-grub

Regards,
    Hendrik

• Update:

• make menuconfig

LEX scripts/kconfig/lexer.lex.c

/bin/sh: 1: flex: not found

make[1]: *** [scripts/Makefile.lib:184: scripts/kconfig/lexer.lex.c] Error 127

make: *** [Makefile:559: menuconfig] Error 2

CPU i7-2600 | 11 GB RAM | Mobo Asus P8Z68-V LX | HP NC550SFP 10GbE 2-Port PCI-E-2.0x8 (SFP+ DAC) 802.3ad Bonding | US-16-XG + UDM Pro

• OMV 6.4.6-1 (Shaitan). Installed and booting via USB 3 SATA SSD
    • SAMBA shares, doubling as landing zone for Greyhole redundant storage pool file system service.
    • 3.25 Drives (in TB) - 1,1,1,0.3,2 - 2TB drive dedicated to Timemachine.
  • Hi. Sorry. Context is I broke my GUI and got it to a point where advice on another thread was to upgrade the kernel. An entire day of Googling and thread reading had me here. I followed the instructions in the prev post and got that error on running that line.

I agree it was too little info. Most people Google a lot and get very stressed before posting. I ended up doing a clean install, and now I'm having grief with that but I'll post separately.

CPU i7-2600 | 11 GB RAM | Mobo Asus P8Z68-V LX | HP NC550SFP 10GbE 2-Port PCI-E-2.0x8 (SFP+ DAC) 802.3ad Bonding | US-16-XG + UDM Pro

• OMV 6.4.6-1 (Shaitan). Installed and booting via USB 3 SATA SSD
    • SAMBA shares, doubling as landing zone for Greyhole redundant storage pool file system service.
    • 3.25 Drives (in TB) - 1,1,1,0.3,2 - 2TB drive dedicated to Timemachine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!