Restore backup from USB backup (arm)

• You can use the USB backup plugin for this too. It is necessary to disable the USB backup job first. Then create a new job where you have to exchange source and destination and let it run manually.

USB backup ist rsync based. Therefore you can use regular rsync commands to make an restore if you are familiar with that.

A third option should be to use the rsync plugin for that purpose. I´ve have read this here somewhere.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• You can use the USB backup plugin for this too. It is necessary to disable the USB backup job first. Then create a new job where you have to exchange source and destination and let it run manually.

USB backup ist rsync based. Therefore you can use regular rsync commands to make an restore if you are familiar with that.

A third option should be to use the rsync plugin for that purpose. I´ve have read this here somewhere.

I understand this, but what about partial restore or just few files I can pick and choose?

• I understand this, but what about partial restore or just few files I can pick and choose?

There is no Web-interface for that in OMV. At least I didn´t know such a feature, unless there was a change from OMV 3 to 4.

You have to do it by other means. If you disable the USB backup job and then mount the USB drive manually then you should have access to the mounted USB file system. Then you can copy files manually by command line or other tool (Midnight Commander / WinSCP / Filezilla...). But you have to take care about permissions e.g. when you copy files as root.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!