Mount fails for nvme disk

• I have an nvme disk attached to my Rockpi 4B running with 'ARMBIAN 5.67 stretch 4.4.154-rk3399rockpi4b' which is recognized in the OMV 'Disks' panel and 'File Systems' panel but when I click 'mount' for the disk then click 'Apply' I get the following...

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-path/platform-f8000000.pcie-pci-0000:01:00.0-part1' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/nvme0n1p1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error
    In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182

Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(720): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(72): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem->mount()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleFsTab->startService()
    #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusCc...', '/tmp/bgoutputto...')
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #8 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #9 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #12 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #13 {main}

I no almost nothing about linux and was following the 'Techno Dad Life' video to set-up OMV up to this point. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Rockpi 4B running with 'ARMBIAN 5.67 stretch 4.4.154-rk3399rockpi4b'

Please be aware that you entered beta area. Armbian's download area clearly talks about 'suitable for testing' and 'beta'. For the very same reason there doesn't exist an OMV image for this board. Also Armbian never provided an image with this outdated kernel version (4.4.154) so most probably you're not even using Armbian but some Stretch image provided by the board maker (various board makers love to provide fake Armbian images not realizing that they harm their users and themselves by that)

The error message you cited contains the following:

Code
    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/nvme0n1p1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error
    In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so

This means you should login to the board (via SSH) and look into /var/log/syslog or check dmesg output. Since you're inexperienced with Linux this all might be to no avail. If you manage to login via SSH you could try to provide output from armbianmonitor -u but if you continue to use this board you should at least switch to a real Armbian image since it's impossible to support your situation right now using an unsupported image.

If you decide to switch to Armbian be prepared that 'wip' images can break at any time. And then after installing OMV and wiping the disk if you run into the error message again the best place to ask for support is Armbian forum providing armbianmonitor -u in your first post there.

• Many thank for the response.

I had previously used an Armbian release but the Rockpi refused to boot. The version that's failing was indeed from the Radxa site and, obvioulsy, was bootable. Because of this problem and other issues and given I have the time and have OMV4 working perfectly on my Raspberry Pi; I'll try and find an Armbian release that 1) boots, 2) supports OMV4, 3) supports nvme properly.

• I replaced Armbian with a version of Debian desktop (rockpi4_debian_stretch_lxde_armhf_20181105_2120-gpt.img.gz) then installed OMV plus URbackup. I still get the same error when attempting to mount the nmve drive but was able to mount the drive using CLI commands.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!