Union Filesystem wont move to new drive

• Hello all, I have a union filesystem setup which pools all three of my drives together as show below

So currently I have 1 drive with all of the data on it and it just hit max capacity, so in theory the files should now be sent to one of the other two drives but that's not happening. When I try to move a file over it says I'm not out space and doesn't even try to move it to the other drives.

sdb1 is the main drive of the union filesystem and the new files should be moving to sdbc and sdd but they're not

Anyone know why?

Thank you.

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this.

• If you use a create policy such as epmfs (existing path, most free space), then you must have the same directories on all drives you want to participate in the pool. Do you?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• If you use a create policy such as epmfs (existing path, most free space), then you must have the same directories on all drives you want to participate in the pool. Do you?

Thanks for the answer but I'm afraid I don't know what you're trying to say. How would I add the same directories on all drives in the pool?

• Tell us what the directory structure is on each of your drives and which directory are you writing to in the pool that isn't sending data to the other disks.

Or if you don't understand my question and you just want to get it working in a less organized manner, then change the policy to Most Free Space.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Tell us what the directory structure is on each of your drives and which directory are you writing to in the pool that isn't sending data to the other disks.

Or if you don't understand my question and you just want to get it working in a less organized manner, then change the policy to Most Free Space.

Ok, changed the policy to Most Free Space, and I still get the issue where I run out of room.

• You'll have to show the directory structure on each drive and exactly where and how you are writing the data to.

Also post the contents of your /etc/fstab file.

--

• You'll have to show the directory structure on each drive and exactly where and how you are writing the data to.

Also post the contents of your /etc/fstab file.

Here is the fstab
    https://pastebin.com/bSx1rhKd

I'm writing data SMB/CIFS transfering data over (if that's what you meant) and the data structure just the folders and what not on the drive? Only 1 drive is in use so only that one?

• You still aren't telling me where you are writing the data to.

Your pool is defined in fstab as:

/srv/3c2df203-083b-45b3-a52e-a589fc07a21b

Is that a shared folder that has a user friendly name?

When you created the pool you named it nas. If that's the shared folder defined by /srv/3c2df203-083b-45b3-a52e-a589fc07a21b, then you must write the data to that target directory or shared folder if you want it managed by the UnionFileSystem.

--

• The shared folder is the bottom one in this image right?
    https://i.imgur.com/W8mPHFc.png
    I am writing data to that

Sorry if that's not it, im fairly new to omv and don't understand the terminology.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!