Union Filesystem wont move to new drive

• OMV 4.x
    • Resolved
    • Union Filesystem wont move to new drive

Hello all, I have a union filesystem setup which pools all three of my drives together as show below
      [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/8hW7MkM.png]
      [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/pDMSr2w.png]

So currently I have 1 drive with all of the data on it and it just hit max capacity, so in theory the files should now be sent to one of the other two drives but that's not happening. When I try to move a file over it says I'm not out space and doesn't even try to move it to the other drives.

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/W8mPHFc.png]

sdb1 is the main drive of the union filesystem and the new files should be moving to sdbc and sdd but they're not

Anyone know why?

Thank you.

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this.
    • Tell us what the directory structure is on each of your drives and which directory are you writing to in the pool that isn't sending data to the other disks.

Or if you don't understand my question and you just want to get it working in a less organized manner, then change the policy to Most Free Space.
      --
      Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV 4.x - ASRock Rack C2550D4I - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380
    • gderf wrote:

Tell us what the directory structure is on each of your drives and which directory are you writing to in the pool that isn't sending data to the other disks.

Or if you don't understand my question and you just want to get it working in a less organized manner, then change the policy to Most Free Space.
      Ok, changed the policy to Most Free Space, and I still get the issue where I run out of room.
    • You still aren't telling me where you are writing the data to.

Your pool is defined in fstab as:

/srv/3c2df203-083b-45b3-a52e-a589fc07a21b

Is that a shared folder that has a user friendly name?

When you created the pool you named it nas. If that's the shared folder defined by /srv/3c2df203-083b-45b3-a52e-a589fc07a21b, then you must write the data to that target directory or shared folder if you want it managed by the UnionFileSystem.
      --
      Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV 4.x - ASRock Rack C2550D4I - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380
    • gderf wrote:

You still aren't telling me where you are writing the data to.

Your pool is defined in fstab as:

/srv/3c2df203-083b-45b3-a52e-a589fc07a21b

Is that a shared folder that has a user friendly name?

When you created the pool you named it nas. If that's the shared folder defined by /srv/3c2df203-083b-45b3-a52e-a589fc07a21b, then you must write the data to that target directory or shared folder if you want it managed by the UnionFileSystem.
      The shared folder is the bottom one in this image right?
      i.imgur.com/W8mPHFc.png
      I am writing data to that

Sorry if that's not it, im fairly new to omv and don't understand the terminology.

The post was edited 1 time, last by zibbp ().