OMV constantly restarts

• Dear all,

after a long (and good) time with OMV 2 I decided to switch over to OMV 4 (4.1.22-1).
    I took out the old OMV-2-SystemHDD, connected a new hard drive and installed OMV4 using a USBstick.
    After that I opened the WebGui and changed some settings - putting the to same state like in my old OMV2... simple things like IP adress, DNS, Wake-On-Lan, but also OMVextras. I installed & activated the Nut Plugin and restarted after that..
    Everything fine... After doing some things I tried to shutdown the machine using the WebGui, System shuted down... but after 2-3sec. It started again
    So I tried a shutdown from shell - same after 2-3 seconds the machine started again..

So I tried to find the problem...
    WOL? 1. deactivated 2. Pulled network cable... did not help
    Bios? Why should it? Everything worked fine within OMV2?
    After that I changed the harddrive back to the one with OMV 2, started the system could shut it down as it should be... using the WebGui

Now I have three things that change:
    1.) Hard-Drive
    2.) OMV-Version
    3.) restarting system

Can anyone give me hint what I can do to get a OMV 4 System that accepts a shutdown? :)

Thanks for your help in advance

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Parador ()

• Anyone - ideas? What can I do?

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

• Dear geaves,

I'm speachless... why does a extension that exists to shutdown a system - start the system?
    That was really completly out of my sight... but what is wrong there?
    I had the same settings like on my old OMV2 system, what could be wrong? Any additional Ideas for my nut settings?

By the way - thanks for your post!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any additional Ideas for my nut settings?

Sorry no, I don't use a UPS :) but best guess would be there is a setting in the plugin that prevents this behaviour. What's appears to be happening is when you shut down the plugin is 'sensing' a power loss and therefore cuts and in theory activates the UPS.

You might try a forum search for the nut plugin there may be some answers.

• Ok, thanks for your help / idea!!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!