Docker crashed last night, now it will not start.

• Last night while watching Plex, it just stopped, and now I cannot get docker to properly run at all. Whenever I try to navigate to the docker plugin page on the webui, it throws this error:

When I use the CLI to check the status I get this:

I have no idea how to manage this since I wasn't messing around with anything when this happened. I will note that I had to reinstall OMV last month because the 4.19 kernel would not boot on my machine (it still doesn't, so I'm running 4.14 right now). I also have been getting a python error when running "apt upgrade", and I don't know if that is related.

Where can start to get docker up and running properly, and then where should I look to try and find the root cause?

Thanks

Edit: I just tried stopping the docker process, but it wouldn't quit, so I tried force killing it, and it keeps restarting itself.

• It looks rather strange. The cgroup limitations should not exist by any means. Did you try some kernel hardening or self compiled kernel? Did you mess around with kernel modules (rmmod)?
    Before reinstalling omv, try to install another kernel (for example proxmox).
    If this does not help, just set docker to all defaults.
    Edit: About killing it, the systemd file is default with restart. So if systemd gets code 0, it simply restarts the contrainer. systemctl stop docker would have stopped the docker deamon.
    I just realized, it is too late now, I am very certain though, that a reinstallation was unnecessary. In fact, at 99.99% of problems using GNU/Linux there is no need to reinstall the system completly. You can touch and manipulate everything, its not a black box like Windows.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!