nextcloud update procedure

• Hello,

after reading for quite some time, i'm still not sure how to update nextcloud.

I have nextcloud 15.0.2 running in docker container on OMV 4.
    When let watchtower update nextcloud, the new image is installed properly:

Here from the container "details"
    "Labels": {
    "MAINTAINER": "sparkyballs,TheLamer",
    "build_version": "Linuxserver.io version:- 16.0.1-ls19 Build-date:- 2019-05-16T08:28:29+00:00",
    "maintainer": "sparklyballs"

Nextcloud, however, reports that is is still on 15.0.2 and that an update is available to 16.0.1

Do I need to run the nextcloud-internal update in addition? This, however, says it needs to download the update from nextcloud.com...

Thanks for any help and kind regads - tullsta

• Hello macom,

tag is on "latest": linuxserver\nextcloud:latest

just updated the docker container via watchtower to 16.0.3-ls28. here the container-details:
    "Labels": {
    "MAINTAINER": "sparkyballs,TheLamer",
    "build_version": "Linuxserver.io version:- 16.0.3-ls28 Build-date:- 2019-07-17T11:42:22+00:00",
    "maintainer": "sparklyballs"

Nevertheless, when I look into nextcloud => settings/admin/serverinfo I see that I'm running 15.0.2 => the version I initilaly installed.

Thanks for any help & kind regards - tullsta

• Hello - is there any user who could eventually comment on this

Hi,
    I don't know if it helps but I use the nextcloud update procedure from within the container. (running 16.0.3 right now) I never updated the container image itself. This is what I do:

1.) log into the container image

Code
    docker exec -it nextcloud bash

2.) start the (text-)menu-driven update script:

Code
    sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar

and followed the instructions... Ive done this that way about 5-6 times.

p.parker

Odroid HC1 | WD Blue 1TB SSD | OMV 5.6.26-1 (Usul) | 4.14.222-odroidxu4

• Hello macom, peterp, Morlan,

thanks a lot - I made the update today and it successfully went through using the cmd-line. Guess web-gui would have worked euqally well.

What I still don't understand though is: why is the docker upgrade to newer version not enough and why the need for an explicit update step using {web-gui or cmd-line} including the download of newest nextcloud version...

Thanks & kind regards - tullsta

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!