Error on updating packages

• OMV 3.x
    • Error on updating packages

When I try to search for updates I get the following error
      Any ideas where I could look to fix this?

Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1' with exit code '100': Ign file: InReleaseIgn file: Release.gpgIgn file: ReleaseIgn file: Translation-enIgn debian.heanet.ie jessie InReleaseHit packages.openmediavault.org erasmus InReleaseHit debian.heanet.ie jessie-updates InReleaseGet:1 apt.syncthing.net syncthing InRelease [15.1 kB]E: Release file for debian.heanet.ie/debian/dists/jessie-updates/InRelease is expired (invalid since 172d 10h 22min 0s). Updates for this repository will not be applied.' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/apt.inc:219Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMVRpcServiceApt->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatush6...', '/tmp/bgoutputcT...')#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/apt.inc(223): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceApt->update(NULL, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('update', NULL, Array)#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Apt', 'update', NULL, Array, 1)#6 {main}
    • gilbertotron wrote:

The OMV version you chose to remain on (OMV3) is EOL for a year now. The upstream package source has also been abandoned (that's the 'invalid since 172d 10h 22min 0s' message).

So you need to reconfigure package sources for which you need the forum search since upstream Debian Jessie sources have also partially changed few months ago (the forum is full of OMV3 users' questions about this).
    • Unfortunately I could just expand the problem a bit with these messages I found today on my OMV 4 installation:
      CRON-APT ACTION: 0-update
      CRON-APT LINE: /usr/bin/apt-get -o Acquire::http::Dl-Limit=25 update -o quiet=2
      E: The repository 'deb.debian.org/debian stretch-updates Release' does no longer have a Release file.
      E: The repository 'openmediavault.github.io/packages arrakis Release' does no longer have a Release file.
      E: The repository 'deb.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates Release' does no longer have a Release file.
      E: The repository 'packages.openmediavault.org/public arrakis Release' does no longer have a Release file.
      E: The repository 'httpredir.debian.org/debian stretch-backports Release' does no longer have a Release file.
      OpenMediaVault 4.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 4.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel
    • topi wrote:

I could just expand the problem a bit
      Your problem is not related to the one @gilbertotron faces: Release file for [url='http://debian.heanet.ie/debian/dists/jessie-updates/InRelease']debian.heanet.ie/debian/dists/jessie-updates/InRelease[/url] is expired (invalid since 172d 10h 22min 0s).

Might make sense to open a new thread after you checked that the time on your OMV box is correct (if not already configured try to use NTP):
    • tkaiser wrote:

gilbertotron wrote:

The OMV version you chose to remain on (OMV3) is EOL for a year now. The upstream package source has also been abandoned (that's the 'invalid since 172d 10h 22min 0s' message).
      So you need to reconfigure package sources for which you need the forum search since upstream Debian Jessie sources have also partially changed few months ago (the forum is full of OMV3 users' questions about this).
      Hey tkaiser - thanks for the quick response! I better upgrade then :)
      :thumbsup:
      Cheers