Cannot access OMV Webgui anymore

• Hello, after having updated my OMV installation I cannot access the WebGui anymore. I already tried a lot of things to fix it based on forum threads but it didn't managed it. So could you please help to get the Gui back. SSH and all the other things seem to work fine as before, only the Webgui is not working anymore. When I use omv-firstaid and try to reconfigure the Web Control Panel I get the following error message:

ERROR: Failed to connect /var/lib/openmediavault/engined.sock: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Here's the output of omv-engined -d -f

Obviously it's something php-related?
    What else can I do? It's so frustrating...

• Hello, thanks for your answer. Here's the output of sudo dpkg --verify

What can I do next?

• Hello, here's the output of # dpkg -l | grep php

• Offizieller Beitrag

You mixed up different PHP versions including backports which finally broke your system. Don't install other PHP versions in OMV because there are PHP extensions that require the packages shipped with Debian 9 (for OMV4). If you want to run additional software that requires newer PHP versions, then use Docker to do not pollute your root system.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Two options I can think of:

1 Restore an old working rootfs from a backup.

2 Reinstall from scratch.

It is a good idea to make a backup of the rootfs as soon as you have everything basic working and configured. Before you try anything non-basic or non-standard. Like installing anything from the command line or adding repositories.

• OK, did a php reinstall to the original version and then a "apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault". Now the Webgui is back again, but I cannot login. The following message appears within the login window:

Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory
    Fehler #0:OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140Stack trace:#0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)#5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#6 {main}

What can I do here? Thanks a lot for your help.

• I would also suggest to check if the disk is full. It happened to me that I wasn't able to login because the disk was 100% full.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

I’m experiencing what appears to be the same problem in omv6.

How did you do the php reinstall to the original version?

This thread is old and most of the explanations probably won't work for OMV6. You should open a new thread and explain your problem providing more details.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!