is it posible clone the system hdd to a other

• Is it posible to clon my sytem hdd / USB-Stick or ssd Card to a other for a directly backup? My simply thinking is to can exchange it in an error.
    And which is the way to do it?

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von happyreacer ()

• i change the title and modify my question.
    Can anybody answer? ;)

used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Thank you for the information.
    But i can't use in this case the backup -plugin or the omv-extras options directly. Or is it wrong?
    - In the setup for the backup-plugin i need a folder and i can't use it direct to a SD or HDD.
    - in th omv-extras i can install the clonezilla and boot in the clonezilla image, make the bachup on my SD-Card or so on. So i have downtime :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are reports of successful backups of the live root filesystem of OMV.

But usually it is unreliable to clone/copy a live filesystem. I would avoid it.

One option is to start with an exact clone and then sync only configuration changes to that clone. That is likely to be possible without problems. But it likely needs testing to figure out exact what to sync and how.

Please note that the root filesystem is NOT intended to be used for data. Then the only reason to clone the root fs is if you have made some major reconfiguration or upgrades.

If you use the root fs for docker images, media player metadata or other application data then all bets are off.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!