Plex from OMV 2 to OMV 4 - possible or problem?

• Dear all,

after a long and good time with OMV 2 I decided to move on to OMV 4. I used a new system -hdd and made a fresh install.
    After installing the Plex-plugin I'm not sure if I simply could activate plex with the same plex-data-folder than before (with a complete other OMV and plex version) and what will happen after that ....

Any suggestions, hints or case studies ;) ? Did anyone try that?

Thanks in advance

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

• ok, and how do you suggest to do this the right way? (for a linux noob)

something like that?

Code
    cp -r /media/9a68130d-d887-430f-80d8-81621bd9b3ef/plexmediaserver /media/9a68130d-d887-430f-80d8-81621bd9b3ef/plexmediaserver_backup

Any access-right problems to be expected If I dothis the other way as a restore - if something wents wrong?

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    • I would assume that you have the Plex metadata in /var/lib/plexmediaserver. And then I would use mc (Midnight Connander) to copy the folder over the network from the old server to the new. Or possibly from a backup of the old server to the new. Also I would use mc to check owner and possibly fix that.
  • The folder "plexmediaserver" has its place on one of the data-hdds not on the system-hdd (sorry if that was not clear in my first post)

Midnight Commander is not installed yet../ And I'm not firm using it.
    What can I do to check file/folder rights without it?

I allready did copy the plexmediaserver folder to plexmediaserver_backup (on the same drive).

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Parador ()

• I can report - it does not work. You start over with an "new" plex the old database seems to be useless...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!