"Assertion failed for mount Shared folder .....

• I removed aa never used HDD from OMV. Nothing has ever been copied to this HDD.
    Upon reboot I now get this error message: "Assertion failed for mount Shared folder ....."

What does it mean?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume that it is OMV complaining about a drive/share that is missing.

If you want to remove drives you should do it this way:

1. Disable/remove any services that use shared folders on the drive.
    2. Delete/disable any shares folders on the drive.
    3. Unmount the filesystem(s) on the drive.

It is the exact same procedure as when you added the drive, only backwards.

NOW you can remove the drive. And OMV will not assume that it is an error that the drive/share is missing.

If you have mounted a filesystem in OMV then OMV will remember that. You can't unmount a filesystem while it is being used.

I don't know if there is a easy way to make OMV forget a drive that has been removed, without also having it plugged in and following the procedure above. It would be nice if it is possible.

Sometimes you may swap around drives but forget to remove them from OMV first. Especially when you are setting up and testing stuff. Then removing missing drives can be a pain in the butt to fix.

Somebody else knows?

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Adoby ()

• Connect to your OMV server via SSH or FTP.
    Since I don't like opening text files with CLI editors like nano, I use an FTP client (Transmit (OSX)) that can open text files with my preferred Editor(s) (Brackets, Sublime Text).

1)
    Open the file /etc/openmediavault/config.xml.

Look at/serach for the tags <mntent> and <sharedfolder>.

It looks like this:

Do you see anything there (shared folders or disks) that is not in the OMV Web UI?

2)
    Open /etc/fstab.
    It looks like this:

Code
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/HD01 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-HD01 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    /dev/disk/by-label/HD02 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-HD02 ext4
    # <<< [openmediavault]

Do you see the removed disk? Or any disk that might look strange?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!