OMV WEBUI login 403 Forbidden

• Hi,

I have a little bit problem and I'm writting some information.
    I have a Asrock J4105-ITX mobo and firstly I installed to the Debian (nestinst version) my SSD and the Openmediavault package. I use to a Docker(Nextcloud,mariadb,letsecrypt,duckdns) and some OMV plugin for example: Transmission.

I try to update a Nextcloud 16 but the cloud is running a fault (PHP was an old version - 7.03)

I was stupid :D and I remove (I think I used to a purge command) the Php version and restart my NAS. The command that I used in SSH :

Code
    apt-get purge php7*

After the restart the Openmediavualt webui login page could'nt Access => 403 Forbidden (ngix) problem.

I installed the new PHP (72. or 7.3) but I could'nt access the Login page.

Can I help you?

When I login the webui I used to a port fowarding => http:\\ip-address:100

Other information: The NAS funcion is Ok for example: Samba share, running Trannsmiisson, but I can't login.

I try to remove an apache2 but I gave this error:

Code
    E: The package openmediavault-omvextrasorg needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.

I try to reinstall the omv-extra but I gave a similar error message when I install the 3rd point.

Code
    1. apt-get cleanwget
    2. http://omv-extras.org/omvextras.deb
    3. dpkg -i omvextras.deb
    4. apt-get -f install
    5. omv-aptclean
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You corrupted your system by installing an unsupported PHP versions. NEVER EVER install packages that are not in the official Debian stable package repo. NO backport repos are supported. That's because OMV uses additional PHP extensions that requires the PHP version shipped with Debian stable.

You need to revert all your changes to get your system running again.

• Thank you the quickly answer/reply.

Please could you do it step by step?

I remember I don't use the omv backup plugins or debian backup.

I think the best choice that I will install the new OMV (4.1.22). I hope the new OMV support my mobo and I haven't to use a Debian netinst because it support the UEFI bios.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please could you do it step by step?

Sorry, i'm not sitting in front of your system, so this will be a difficult challange. I suggest to reinstall your system from scratch.

If you try to fix your system, then make sure to remove all package repos that do not belong to Debian stable, e.g. backports or 3rd party repos. After removing all unsupported PHP version packages you should reinstall PHP packages from Debian stable.
    Maybe it's worth a try, but i fear you will need to reinstall the system again.

I think the best choice that I will install the new OMV (4.1.22). I hope the new OMV support my mobo and I haven't to use a Debian netinst because it support the UEFI bios.

The latest ISO image supports UEFI.

• Thanks for the help.
    I tried the new iso file and I can boot from the pendrive so it'snt necessary to install Debian.

If I have time to reinstall the system.

I remember this huge mistake forever. :D

• The latest ISO image supports UEFI.

Thanks for the help.
    I tried the new iso file and I can boot from the pendrive so it'snt necessary to install Debian.

Which build version are you referring to? The latest 5.0.1 beta? Or has this also been changed in the stable release as well?

EDIT:

Just tried to run the 5.0.1 beta on an Apollo Lake-based mini PC which previously wasn't able to boot any Debian based distro because of issues with GRUB and UEFI.

The good news is, that 5.0.1 beta now is finally able to bring up the boot loader menu without crashing. However, when I try to install the system, I can the following error message:

Code
    error: file '/install/gtk/vmlinuz' not found.
    error: you need to load the kernel first.

As a comparison, the latest Debian Buster RC1-release can be installed just fine on this system.

• Offizieller Beitrag

i'm looking forward to the OMV5 final version. the "old" OMV4 with Stretch doesn't like my ethernet adapter.

OMV 5 uses the same 4.19 kernel that OMV 4 uses by default - 4.19.backports kernel. Have you tried the 4.1.22 iso?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMV 5 uses the same 4.19 kernel that OMV 4 uses by default - 4.19.backports kernel. Have you tried the 4.1.22 iso?

Yes, i tried a couple of days ago. brack then i couldn't get the e1000e drive to work.
    Just now i tried to install it again and it worked.

i didn't know that omv4 uses the backports kernel. 4.19 should have known the network card, but the e1000e driver seems to be a little bit tricky.
    But that''s offtopic.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!