Plex issues with UnionFS

• I'm trying to use UnionFS, but I still have issues in PMS by UnionFS shares.

I have shared folders from UnionFS mount point (eg. vp1/media), thats linked to Plex container. It works great, but every time if I reboot OMV, folders shared from UnionFS mount point are disappears in Plex.

If I delete and recreate and configure Plex container by Run Image button, it works again, until the next time of OMV reboot.

I also created shared folders directly from real filesystems (volume3/testshare/, without UnionFS), and added these shares to Plex by the same ACLs and privileges as "vp1/media" for example. These folders working fine after reboot, only unionfs shares gone away.

Yesterday an update comes for unionfs (2.27.1), and I made a fresh plex container from the latest plex image, but nothing changed.

UnionFS:

Shares:

Container bindings:

Container a couple of seconds after creation:

Folders in Plex at this time:

Folders in Plex after reboot:

Any others facing with this issue?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Tutorial video shows it should be bind from sharedfolders.

The tutorial by @TechnoDadLife is correct, however this thread highlights the problems when using UnionFS and /sharedfolders, whilst there are solutions the obvious when using Docker is to use /srv/<fuse mount point> saves the editing :)

• The tutorial by @TechnoDadLife is correct, however this thread highlights the problems when using UnionFS and /sharedfolders, whilst there are solutions the obvious when using Docker is to use /srv/<fuse mount point> saves the editing :)

I used /srv/fusemountpoint but it still does not work. It keeps showing Starting Plex.

• Post the container log.

Verify that the user the container runs as has permission to read and write to the areas of the filesystem used by Plex.

Placing the /config for the container in a mergerfs pool is something I would not do.

Also, the most recent post in this thread is almost two years old. Much has changed with OMV since then. You would be better off starting a new thread.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Here is the log. I tried with just changing every folder to a disk without using unionfs and it works. So there must be something wrong with the container binding. Why would you recomend against the config file in a pool?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I used /srv/fusemountpoint but it still does not work. It keeps showing Starting Plex.

I believe some refer to this as "racing".. basically.. docker is starting before the unionfs mount point is reaad... so it looks completely blank like you're starting over, any tie you reboot.

Easy way to confirm. Reboot.

Wait about 10sec, SSH the server, adn restart the docker service (systemctl restart docker assuming you're on OMV 5)

If it works after that command, you know that's your issue...

Read here for a fix.

Jellyfin portainer stack completely reset after 10-hour server shutdown: why?

• You haven't said anything about the permissions for the case where it does not work.

If the create policy for the pool is such that /config could wind up being scattered across more than one disk, then if any one of those disks goes offline Plex will not run.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why would you recomend against the config file in a pool?

I'm going to confirm what gderf has stated, likewise placing transcode on the fuse mount point would not be a good idea.

You can point the /config and /transcode to a single drive within the pool, but before starting to make changes and redeploying you should delete the /config that has been created

• I'll amplify my recommendation. I have fourteen dockers running here and none of them have their configurations or data in a mergerfs pool.

--

• I'll amplify my recommendation. I have fourteen dockers running here and none of them have their configurations or data in a mergerfs pool.

I am just starting out and I have a tons of questions. I will try to find answers one at time. This was one. By the way, would you mind checking my other question? Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!