Disk by label shows missing, drive visable - how to mount?

• Hi all,

After a reboot one of my drives showed as "Missing" status in the "File Systems" section. However, I can see this drive in the "Disks" section and can even "Create" a file system using that disk (but that would format the disk).

I've searched this forum, but can't find an answer.

How do I mount this drive again?

I've attached a couple of screenshots. The drive in question is listed as "/dev/sdg"

Running 4.1.22-1 (Arrakis)

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Didnt do anything.

That means it didn't recognise it as a mount point.

To me this looks wrong /dev/disk/by-label/WDRED1 it should display (well it does on mine) /dev/sdg1. Post a full image of your file system page.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I once had similar problems. It was caused by using the OMV physical properties for hard drives. APM and spindown and so on. OMV use hdparm to set these parameters and some hdds, possibly in connection with USB-SATA Bridge, are not compatible with hdparm. And stop working normally and can't be mounted. And won't be mounted on reboot.

This was on a Odroid HC2. I fixed it simply by not setting any of OMV physical properties for the drive.

• I once had similar problems. It was caused by using the OMV physical properties for hard drives. APM and spindown and so on. OMV use hdparm to set these parameters and some hdds, possibly in connection with USB-SATA Bridge, are not compatible with hdparm. And stop working normally and can't be mounted. And won't be mounted on reboot.

This was on a Odroid HC2. I fixed it simply by not setting any of OMV physical properties for the drive.

Now they are set, I would I undo them?

I know I haven't set spindown etc. For this. Only thing I may have done is turn on S.M.A.R.T. and set a test time.

• It is crazy easy to unset the settings that use hdparm. So why not test it? Reboot afterwards and see if anything changed. Then set the settings again if it didn't help.

I can't see anything online about removing these settings.

I didnt set any, and I've removed the S.M.A.R.T. scheduled test after running another (which shows as no errors).

That means it didn't recognise it as a mount point.
    To me this looks wrong /dev/disk/by-label/WDRED1 it should display (well it does on mine) /dev/sdg1. Post a full image of your file system page.

Yer, File System won't show it as moutable, only deletable and create.
    If I delete it; will it erase the drive do you know?

Yer it should, I've attached an image of the file systems page, no problems with the other disks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!