MyWebSQL not connecting to mysqld

• I have just tried to do some configuration on the MyWebSQL interface that used to work fine on my installation. I have not used it for some time and it might have broken with the update to OMV4 and the upgrade to MariaDB
    The webiste opens just fine but it can't connect to mysql saying "Datenbank-Verbindung zum Server fehlgeschlagen" (no connection to server possible).
    MySQL is configured to provide access on 127.0.0.1

• Offizieller Beitrag

On OMV 3.x, you typically login using root. With OMV 4.x and mariadb, root is passwordless and only meant to login from the CLI. So, omvadmin is create and you probably need to reset the password as the note under the Enable SQL Management Site mentions.

I do recommend using docker instead of the plugin since it won't be ported to OMV 5.x.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The reset password function does not work:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; sudo mysql -u root -e " CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'omvadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'xxx'; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'omvadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'xxx' WITH GRANT OPTION; FLUSH PRIVILEGES; "' with exit code '1':

I can possibly migrate to docker at a later point but now i would need to be able to login to my MySQL/ MariaDB to do some config somehow.

Furthermore i have also tried to log in via CLI with and whitout password (as suggested elswhere):

root@debNAS:~# mysql -u root -pEnter password:ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

On another note I am a bit unsure where OMV will head with all plugins moving to docker....

• Offizieller Beitrag

Furthermore i have also tried to log in via CLI with and whitout password (as suggested elswhere):

When logging in as root, don't specify the -u or -p flags. Just mysql as the root user.

On another note I am a bit unsure where OMV will head with all plugins moving to docker....

Not sure what this means or why you think this would be bad but does this list look like *ALL* the plugins are moving to docker? https://forum.openmediavault.o…?postID=186122#post186122

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• What I meant was that a lot of plugins are moving to docker. I have already migrated 3 of my plugins to docker today.
    The big plus of OMV from my perspective is the GUI and easier configuration through the web dialogue and plugin configuration in it.

Now I am just saying moving these plugins to docker more and more, makes OMV less and less interesting. Maybe I am seeing it wrong but that's what i understand up to here.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The big plus of OMV from my perspective is the GUI and easier configuration through the web dialogue and plugin configuration in it.

Most of the plugins that are being moved were just an enable checkbox like the downloader plugins.

Now I am just saying moving these plugins to docker more and more, makes OMV less and less interesting. Maybe I am seeing it wrong but that's what i understand up to here.

I don't know why it is less interesting. Does having a longer list of plugins in the web interface make OMV more interesting? Most plugins are configure once and forget it. For some plugins, moving to docker actually allows you to use the service since many of them require dependencies too new for Debian. It also makes many of them more secure since they are containerized away from the host system. It should make OMV more stable. And service like mysql are still configured in a plugin. It just happens to be in the docker plugin. Other plugins are being moved to docker due to lack of developer resources and/or the plugin just isn't used by many people.

What plugin on the list would be more interesting as plugin than docker? Please don't say nginx (belongs in docker due to too many people causing problems with OMV's nginx settings, allows newer php/nginx or apache), mysql (allows flexibility to use mysql or mariadb and the password issues need to go away), or plex (I hate this plugin that I wrote and it belongs in docker. most settings happen in its web interface anyway).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!