VirtualBox Remote Display not working

• I'm trying to get virtualbox going and am having some issues getting it going. Virtualbox installed OK, I created the machine fine, I can launch virtual machine and in the preview window I see it's running, but when I try to launch the remote display to actually access it I can't connect. Is there something I'm missing? Any Documentation on this plugin? Any other option than RDP, i.e. VNC?

Thanks

• Good afternoon. Faced to address a similar problem.
    In the repository arrakis is a plugin openmediavault-virtualbox version 4.1.1 and repository arrakis-testing 4.1. It's a little misleading.

On the test machine I deployed the current version of virtualbox (5.2.28) and phpvirtualbox (5.2-1). Console (VERDE) works great!

The phpvirtualbox package included in package openmediavault-virtualbox_4.1.1 from the repository arrakis version 4.1.1 is the last version (5.2-1). So the problem is in the virtualbox package. In the package openmediavault-virtualbox_4.1.1 the package virtualbox 5.2.24.

The VRDE virtual machine parameters query returns different data on different versions of virtualbox.

virtualbox 5.2.24

virtualbox 5.2.28

I did not find any fundamental differences in the configuration files of different versions.
    Added virtualbox repository, updated the list. Install virtualbox-5.2 prevents the virtualbox service-web.the service, which is installed with the package openmediavault-virtualbox_4.1.1.

How can I upgrade my virtualbox version?

• Hey
    It's all set, the virtual machine works, remote access to it is. VNC Viewer connects to 127.0.0.1: 9000 and shows the same image as in Preview. The Console tab does not even display the input window for the ip address and port.
    On the test system, without openmediavault, on the bundle virtualbox (5.2.24) + phpvirtualbox (5.2-1) was the same. Solution was to update virtualbox to version (5.2.28).
    P.S. I do Not want to create new threads, the problem is how the author.

• Hello!
    In the end, I was able to update the version of virtualbox. The virtual machine management console now works fine. On the test system, I used the version of virtualbox 5.2.28. Therefore, I transferred this version to the system with OpenMediaVault.
    Remove the openmediavault-virtualbox plugin.
    Download virtualbox and Extension Pack

Bash
    cd tmp
    wget https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.2.28/virtualbox-5.2_5.2.28-130011~Debian~stretch_amd64.deb && \
    wget https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.2.28/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.28.vbox-extpack

Install and Install dependencies. Once again we try to install virtualbox, everything should work out

Bash
    dpkg -i virtualbox-5.2_5.2.28-130011~Debian~stretch_amd64.deb
    apt install -f
    dpkg -i virtualbox-5.2_5.2.28-130011~Debian~stretch_amd64.deb

Delete the old Extension_Pack
    VBoxManage extpack uninstall "Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack"

Install the new Extension Pack

Code
    VBoxManage extpack install Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.28.vbox-extpack

Download package openmediavault-virtualbox and phpvirtualbox

Bash
    apt download openmediavault-virtualbox phpvirtualbox

The site site has instructions for changing dependencies in a .deb package.
    Unpacking, you need to change the dependencies in virtualbox packages to vbrtualbox-5.2 and remove virtualbox-ext-pack-installer. Then we collect back.

Bash
    mkdir vbox phpvbox
    cd omv_vbox && ar x ../openmediavault-virtualbox_4.1.1_all.deb
    tar xzf control.tar.gz
    sed -i 's/virtualbox (> = 5.2.8)/virtualbox-5.2 (> = 5.2.8)/' control
    sed -i 's/ virtualbox-ext-pack-installer,//' control
    tar --ignore-failed-read -cvzf control.tar.gz control md5sums postinst postrm triggers
    ar rcs omv_vbox.deb debian-binary control.tar.gz data.tar.xz

Also with phpvirtualbox

Bash
    cd ../phpvbox && ar x ../phpvirtualbox_5.2-1_all.deb
    tar xzf control.tar.gz
    sed -i 's/virtualbox (/virtualbox-5.2 (/g' control
    tar --ignore-failed-read -cvzf control.tar.gz control md5sums
    ar rcs php-vbox.deb debian-binary control.tar.gz data.tar.xz
    cd /tmp

Install packages and missing dependencies can be installed

Bash
    dpkg -i ovm_vbox/omv_vbox.deb
    dpkg -i phpvbox/php-vbox.deb
    apt install -f

Next, I needed to add the vbox user to the vboxusers group

Bash
    usermod -aG vboxusers vbox

Set password for vbox user

Bash
    passwd vbox

Write the new user password to the file /etc/default/openmediavault-virtualbox
    Done!
    P.S. You can probably add the virtualbox repository and upgrade to the current version of virtualbox 5 screwdriver. But I have not tried it yet.

• I followed your instructions to a T... still having the same issue where it wont let me load ANY files or folders... just shows the same screen loading forever...

Hi, can you hear more details about your actions?
    My goal was to update the version of the virtualbox package on the host system so that console (VNC/RDP) management of the virtual machine from the browser would work.
    In your screenshots, version virtualbox 5.2.24 (standard).
    I have version 5.2.28 now and so far everything is working.
    I normally see the choice of media from the host system from phpvirtualbox.
    The vboxusers group and vbox user were created when installing virtualbox-5.2.

Bash
    cat /etc/group | grep vboxu
    vboxusers:x:120:root,vbox

Perhaps there is information in the logs /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log

• did you sort this issue out? i'm not sure what the other guys in this group are talking about... i don't think they understood the issue as it's nothing to do with users or permissions, but the way that virtualbox is binding its remote desktop stuff to the wrong interface (127.0.0.1 by default)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!