quotaon.service always marked as failed

• Hi guys,
    I've got a lingering issue with the quotaon.service being in a failed state.

I've tried to run service quotaon restart but it gave me this error

Zitat

Job for quotaon.service failed because the control process exited with error code.

See "systemctl status quotaon.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Running systemctl status quotaon.service gives me

Also, found this thread which seemed to be a similar issue. And followed this suggestion error "Failed start file system quotas" at boot
    But when I tried to create a quota for a user on one of the logical drives I got this error in the web gui.

• On my data drive, at the root, did a "touch quota.user" and "touch quota.group". Reinstalled Debian 10-4 (buster). Ran the installScript from OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers (nod of thanks for that team for putting the script together - it installs Openmediavault + OMV-Extras). No more quota errors. Openmediavault Version 5.5.2-1(Usul) on an AMD A10-7860K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G with 16GB RAM. Linux 5.6.0-0.bpo.2-amd64. Just sharing how I got past this issue. Not saying that this an official or even a recommended approach.

• Hello,

as a late follow up on this topic i found an article on quota for ubuntu - unfortunately in german, where it was explained how to generate the files with the program "quotacheck". See the german Wiki of Ubuntuusers on Quota.

I faced the issue after an update from OMV 4.x to OMV 5.x, with aquota.user/aquota.group files have been completely missing.

That solved the issue on my side:

sudo quotacheck -acmug

After this a restart of the service was successful.

Best Regards

Christoph

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!