Upgrade issue error#0 on 3.x upgrade

• Hi, decided today Id start the upgrade process on my filer to get to 3 and I have experienced an issue logging in after a rather rocky upgrade.

Heres the stack trace output of the admin page:

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'The environment variable 'OMV_CONFIGOBJECT_NEW_UUID' does not exist.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/environment.inc:47
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(255): OMV\Environment::get('OMV_CONFIGOBJEC...')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(198): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->getBaseBodyContent()
    #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #3 {main}

i have some plugins still installed, tomorrow Ill back up what I have and toast them

Code
    iU  openmediavault                  3.0.99 
    ii  openmediavault-dnsmasq          2.1 
    ii.  openmediavault-iscsitarget      2.3                
    ii  openmediavault-keyring          0.4  
    ii  openmediavault-lvm2             2.1

Not sure exactly whats wrong, but am I on the right track thinking an old plugin is calling for the missing object?

• Offizieller Beitrag

a rather rocky upgrade.

This is why we recommend doing a fresh install over the 2.x->3.x upgrade.

The openmediavault package itself isn't fully installed. Try apt-get -f install

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Understood, I completely agree.

This is the home cloud nothing mission critical and I am one to take the journey rather than the destination. Its all about learning for me.

I’ll take the help if I can get it, but ill invest the time to do this while I try things.

So looks like I just needed some rest, I thought I resolved my install issue but I didn’t .

Code
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these.                                                                                                              The following packages have unmet dependencies:                                                                                                                            dpkg : Breaks: man-db (< 2.6.3-6~) but 2.6.2-1 is installed                                                                                                              E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

the above was an omv-update command, I have run several dpkg commands and apt-get install -f with similar issues.

Good (?) news is its not really OMV issue its a man-db issue and the upgrade process stalled because of it.

Ill update this thread later on today on my progress. Thanks for the support, I am already happy with the kernel improvements going to allow me to do further experimentation with a cloned vm for 4.x upgrade.

• Apt-get autoremove -f cleared out my install loop, then I ran omv-update I had to remove dnsmasq and a couple other ifxes and the upgrade completed.

Few more things to fix here and there, but all in all, I am happy

All of my config/shares etc are there.

Thanks for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!