Losing 500GB of Storage with Union Filesystem

• So I'm on a fresh install as I had some errors with my previous setup. On the Previous setup, I had two 500GB 3.5" Drives connected and merged through the union file system ( Was roughly 920GB in reality), this worked flawlessly. I had Spare 500GB 2.5" Drive so I connected it through a 5.25" adaptor, and because I believed errors were occurring due to a USB 2.0 boot, I installed OMV over Debian and split the home directory from the rest so I could use the installation disk for both booting and Data. It boots from SDC1 and that file system is roughly 27GB. I merged the 3 drives and have roughly 900GB of Storage Space, when I should have between 1.3TB and 1.4TB. Any ideas why this is occurring ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you reboot? When adding a drive to an existing pool, it doesn't remount.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Did you reboot? When adding a drive to an existing pool, it doesn't remount

After a reboot I still only had 900GB. I unmounted and remounted the /home drive. Next I re-merged the drives and I did achieve 1.3TB however on my next reboot the union was broken again and it was reduced to 900GB. It seems I need to unmount and remount the drive upon every reboot, so although it works it's not really a solution.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!