Micro atx case with 6 3,5"bay?

• Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for a micro ATX case that can fit up to 6 HDDs and doesn't cost more than 100€.
    Something like the nanoxia deep silence 4 is fine, but I would prefer something with 2 front fans so that it will keep the hdds cooler.
    If possible I would like it to be silent, that's why I looked for the nanoxia.
    Also I don't care about the 5,25" bay.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• I was also looking for for something similar and found few options.

I got Fractal Arc Mini R2 https://www.fractal-design.com…es/arc-series/arc-mini-r2, it's micro ATX / mini ITX compatible, 6 x HDDs, 2 x SSD.
    It's kind of "mini tower" case, quite big if you would compared it with a 4-6 bay NAS like QNAP or Synology, but after watching several Youtube reviews & comparisons, this case got me.

I have not finished yet my OMV final configuration as I'm still waiting for my CPU to be delivered.

that one is great since it has two front fans, it's a pity that there isn't a "silent" with sound bumper. Still a great case since for a micro ATX NAS.
    If I had to build a nas right now I would probably spend a little more and go for a mini itx with node 302 for a way smaller case thought.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Blabla ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

This one is really close to what you're asking

https://www.newegg.com/midnigh…i-tower/p/N82E16811345035

It's does not have front cooling, but the drive cage is cooled from above and below and there's a spot for a rear exhaust fan.

It only has 5 bays however. Are you installing OMV to a 3.5 drive, or to a 2.5in drive that will require one of those bays? A little creativity might free up one of those bays...

1. Use a USB header cable and install OMV to a flash drive.. a flash drive could literally just be tucked away anywhere and just zip tied in place. This would open up a drive bay

2. If your intent is to use an SSD drive for OMV.. You could get a little creative with velcro and mount that SSD somewhere "non traditional" and out of the way (under the drive cage, on top of the drive cage, on the side of the drive cage, on a side panel). This would free up a drive bay again.

that one is great since it has two front fans, it's a pity that there isn't a "silent" with sound bumper. Still a great case since for a micro ATX NAS.
    If I had to build a nas right now I would probably spend a little more and go for a mini itx with node 302 for a way smaller case thought.

I remember the Antec Twelve hundred were very silent case :
    - with an enormous 200mm fan very silent (for the air displaced) at the top of the chassis
    - it had 2 blocs of 3 HDD cases, HDD wer mounted on silent-blocs, and with & big 120mm fan in front of each bloc of 3 disks.

Disks ran very cool, all was very silent, but this case was HUGE

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!