Disable IPv6

• Running 4.1.7 on ARMv7, Linux 4.9.103-odroidxu4

Observed that IPv6 was running even though the OMV web interface indicated it was disabled. The Web interface wouldn't disable it.

This worked:
    edit /etc/sysctl.conf

net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
    net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1
    net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1
    net.ipv6.conf.eth0.disable_ipv6 = 1

Restart

• Running 4.1.7 on ARMv7, Linux 4.9.103-odroidxu4

Why? That's both outdated. And by default on all the OMV images for ARM network is handled by NetworkManager unless it is configured in the OMV UI. Only if you configure a NIC in the UI it will then be handled by Debian's ifupdown mechanism and can be configured for specific protocol families.

• Hi Moderator
    Thanks for your prompt response.

The intent of my post was to document the observation, and that you'd respond with helpful guidance, so thanks for that. I wasn't aware of the default behavior, but have come up to speed on the fact that the ARM image uses NetworkManager. It's not my preference, but that's not important.

The "why" is all about trouble shooting forked-daap. It is working fine, and fully accessible by my old Roku Soundbridge 1001, but I can't view it on Windows 10. I haven't found a Win10 client where it works (Have tried DAAP Media Client, VLC, Amarok, iTunes). In a VLC forum, there was a suggestion the problem is related to IPv6 running on the server and/or Win10, but still no luck. That's the issue I'm working through.

As for versions, noted.

getName(), noted.

• forked-daap. It is working fine, and fully accessible by my old Roku Soundbridge 1001, but I can't view it on Windows 10

Are you sure you're using DAAP with the Roku and not Roku's RSP instead? Maybe DAAP isn't working at all? Anyway: I still would suggest installing the updates to get at least on kernel 4.14.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!