after setting static IP for OMV no access to WEBgui

• I am having an odd problem that in itself is not really serious but more annoying.

I am using DD-WRT on my router and running OMV on a GEN8 Microserver and installing though ILO.

If I let OMV use DHCP it installs and works perfectly albeit the command line login does not show the IP address but if I login and use "ip address" it shows my IP correctly and if I try to access the WEBgui on that IP it also works perfectly.

If however, I grab the port mac and set it as a static IP in DD-WRT I start having problems...

I do have other devices setup this way in DD-WRT that all work fine.

At the OMV command line, "ip address" shows my static IP correctly but the WEBgui will not load, connection timed out.

If I then run omv-firstaid to reconfigure the network it either sits there indefinately saving after choosing all the options or fails with a MONIT error on port 2812.

I have tried a reinstall of omv with the mac already set in DD-WRT but it does the same thing everytime.

I am trying to use 192.168.1.10, nothing else is using this IP address.

If I remove the static assignment in DD-WRT and leave omv to use DHCP it works fine but on some other random 192.168.1.x IP

The range is set in DD-WRT for x.x.x.2 for up too 100 clients, I have also tried setting the range in DD-WRT to something starting above x.x.x.10 but that does not work either.

Any ideas?

Regards

• Hi gooroo,

I'd suggest, not to tell dd-wrt the mac address of your omv, until everything works as you want. Else, you might loose control.

Best regards

Private NAS: Asus P9D-I + Xeon E3-1220L CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + LSI SAS2108 HBA + 4x8TB BTRFS RAID 10 + OMV 4 booting from single SLC SSD
    Private experimental NAS: Asus P9D-I + i3-4130T CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + 3x10 BTRFS RAID5 + OMV 5 beta booting from single SLC SSD

• Thanks Jopa, I have tried it both ways, in fact normally that is what I would do. Do not assign a static IP in DD-WRT, install OMV, let it grab an IP from DHCP, WEBgui working all good, happy days.

Then set a static IP in DD-WRT and reboot OMV.

That's when the problems start...

OMV boots, "ip address" at OMV command prompt correctly shows new static IP, WEBgui will not come up, timeout, clear browser cache, just in case, still the same.

Run omv-firstaid, configure network, hangs on saving or monit error on 2812.

Regards

• I have the same with my Asus P9D-I after changing network setup via omv-firstaid, even when I change back to DHCP.
    Looks like not only ethernet crashes then, but whole network including local loopback (lo, 127.0.0.1). Else monit would not fail on port 2812...
    There is a power cycle neede to make network running again. Just a reboot is not enough.
    Do you have ethenet device names "enp#s0" rather than "eth#" too?

Best regards

Private NAS: Asus P9D-I + Xeon E3-1220L CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + LSI SAS2108 HBA + 4x8TB BTRFS RAID 10 + OMV 4 booting from single SLC SSD
    Private experimental NAS: Asus P9D-I + i3-4130T CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + 3x10 BTRFS RAID5 + OMV 5 beta booting from single SLC SSD

• My problem is resolved,

I had recommisioned an old PC a few days ago for another project, it has Windows 10 and Hyper V enabled, I actually had a PLEX instance that I had forgotten all about running in Hyper V that was set to autostart on boot. I had also set that PLEX to use the same IP as it was easier than changing port forwarding on the router. I had actually been using it as a temporary PLEX server a few months ago while I migrated from an N40L to my current GEN 8 Microserver.

I only noticed when I had the DD-WRT DHCP active client list up on screen and saw the mac address looked wrong jusr for a moment while the GEN 8 was offline.

Checking the MAC to Vendor it came up as a "Microsoft Corporation" MAC

Deleted the Hyper V Plex and ran the install for OMV on the GEN 8 again (I lost count how many times) now its running fine.

Regards

• Ahm, you see why I do not like virtual machines running on my servers? ;)

Fine, that everything works well now. And thanks for information.

Best regards

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!