unable to install OMV

• OMV 4.x
    • unable to install OMV

When I try to install omv 4.0.9 or a newer version the process stops with error "can not install system". When I take a look at the newly created partitions on the system SSD I see a rather small ext4 partition (less then 1 GB) and an enormously large swap partition.

No matter what I try in partitioning the ssd, the system will simply not install. When I preset the partitions they get erased.

What is the problem here?
    • It is trying to create a swap partition half the size as your system ram. So, you either need larger install media or less ram or use Debian installer.
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • @heatblood

if your partition is ext4 then you could reduce the size of it, simply install omv-extra then gParted or simply make a gParted USB key
      and reboot under gParted

with gParted you will be able to reduce the size of your partition.

another way is before the installation; when you boot on the OMV Media installation device
      you could edit the grub and remove the unattended/preseed part, by pressing TAB then lunch the installation
      this will lets you to interact with the D-I (Debian Installer) + install OMV
      [Blocked Image: https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/1*y1btAumRuwoTZ4pkrNOCWA.png]