Install won't work?

• Hi all after reading a lot finally trying to install omv on my nas
    I'v got 4 qore amd64 cpu 8Gb ram and 5x2TB hdd's for it,run other os on it and that worked but not stable,now im trying to install omv from my dvd and with 1 hdd connected but it won't install.
    I can see loading system then some text starting with linux..... and so on,then i keep a blinking cursor and nothing happening.
    I got my bios that it boots with first dvd and then the hdd,what can be going wrong here?
    Please advice so i can make everything up and running tonight.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What motherboard? Did you disable the serial ports?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• allright disabled the erial port,tried 3 different nas os and they all started/booting just fine fom dvd iso that i burned.
    Maybe i don't have the right os to be burned on dvd to boot from the dvd?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Which image did you pick? What program did you burn with?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• tried everything i could think of but still no go,the dvd won't boot/start but with several other os like zfsguru/freenas/nas4free it boots up just fine,maybe anyone can tell me what the problem might be?
    Downloaded the amd64 iso cause got an 64 bit supporting cpu from amd.

• Did you try to install the Debian 6.0.7 netinstall (minimum) image?

Please give it a try. If this works we can tell you how to install OMV afterwards, because OMV is basicly a Debian Squeeze system.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• When installing were all the data drives disconnected from the motherboard and the only connected drive the one to install the OMV system on? OMV works from a system drive and separate data drives. After OMV is installed onto a system drive, then power down and connect the data drives.

• Zitat von "PhantomSens"

When installing were all the data drives disconnected from the motherboard and the only connected drive the one to install the OMV system on? OMV works from a system drive and separate data drives. After OMV is installed onto a system drive, then power down and connect the data drives.

yes i did tried to install like this but still no luck.
    I've been trying for a few hours now but no go so going back to bed and trie again tomorrow

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Did you try to install the Debian 6.0.7 netinstall (minimum) image?

Please give it a try. If this works we can tell you how to install OMV afterwards, because OMV is basicly a Debian Squeeze system.

Greetings
    David

No i did not,don't know how to be exactly,is ther a tut how to do that?

• http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/deb…n-6.0.7-amd64-netinst.iso

Burn it to a CD or usb stick and just install it. Pretty straigt forward. If this works come back and I tell your how to install OMV.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• I have plenty of time ;) at least 1-2 hours* :lol:

Greetings
    David

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

I have plenty of time ;) at least 1-2 hours* :lol:

Greetings
    David

and is it possible to install the os in that time?
    if yes i am going for it
    should i install debian with 1 hdd connected or al my hdd's?

• Just your internal, yes it should be possible to install within 30 to 60 mins, depending on settings, speed of your pc and internet connection.

Tip: Just use the standard partition format if asked. All other things should be clear.

Greetings
    David

• And I thought for a minute that it could go the easy way. Give it some more minutes, if its not working after ten minutes:

Abort install and boot to the partitioning, do it manually (edit the standard scheme). Try Ext4 for the system disk. Ask if you need more advices.

Greetings
    David

• It shouldn't take that long...

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!