Install won't work?

• If you tell me what 10am you mean.... I don't know your geolocation :D

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• sorry meant 10 am your time,located in the netherlands.
    left it last night with lilo installing,after 7 hours it was still there stuck on 50%.
    rebooted and trying to start from scratch again :oops: :cry:

• Allright debian is up and running now,will try to follow the guide.
    After i follow the guide and evrything is going well is it so that debian is removed and that there is only running omv on so it's a complete nas afterwards?

• Allright followed the guide and after that restarted the machine but it boots up again in debian and not as omv?
    What did i do wrong?
    Please help me it's getting crazy trying to install omv and need more then 2 days for it.
    I am seeing openmediavault now in my network enviroment.
    fianally
    Just heve to configer all now for acting as mediaserver for my homenetwork

• Well i've being trying to get to use all of my hdd's but all is running now on mys sytem disk,so i only got 2 tb to use while i've got 10tb in total.
    I understand that omv is using 1 complete disk but why can't i use my other hdd's
    so i've got no storage to put the dl file from sab and so on on that?
    Please help me to configure this or i will be forced to go on the searcht for other os to run my nas with.

• Can you access the webinterface now via http://IPofyourOMV/ ?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• In response to your PM: If you setup the ssh server while you install (you can simply select it) you can access it after install. However if you install OMV then your ssh server gets disabled unless you activate it again via the OMV webinterface.

So whats the problem to setup the hdds? Give me some more information on what does not work. What are you trying to do and what is not working? Can't you setup a filesystem for each disk? Can't you setup a raid array because one or more of the drives don't show up?

Greetings
    David

• yes none of the disks are showing up to make a raid
    ssh still doesn't want to work so no acces from other machine
    i want to have ons disk for system to run on also apps like sabnzbd cp sickbeard ans pms and stuff like that,
    'then the other 4 hdd's i want to use as storage for tv shows movies and so on coming from sb and other apps.
    but this isn't workin with me and still not able to boot just omv on on hdd but has to go with the debian option but that takes long to install so i tried some othe os before and then it boots from live cd and configure all from there in a webgui.

• Grub won't show OMV. You will allways see Debian there. Which version of OMV did you install, Fedaykin or Sardaukar? You did enable SSH in the webinterface and saved it? If you are on 0.5 which is Sardaukar, did you hit the Green button/rotation arrows/field to apply all config changes?

If you cannot select the drives in the webinterface for a raid array, go onto the physical devices tab and wipe all the missing drives. Don't wipe the system disk!

Greetings
    David

• allright will give it chance again tonight and do i need to start with debian again as you told me yesterday?
    Ans yes on sardaukar but no green/rotating arrows to confirm/save anything just a button on the top right to confirm and save conf.

• I guess so, at least you OMV did not install directly, so I would say yes.

PS: Which version of OMV do you want to install? 0.4 with all Plugins available or 0.5 where not all plugins are available yet, but the improved webinterface handling?

See and read: http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2140

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!