Raid 0; State: clean, degraded; DegradedArray Event, no SMART errors

• Hello all,

I get a daily message stating: "A DegradedArray event had been detected ....

md127 : active raid1 dm-0[1]
    2930100224 blocks super 1.2 [2/1] [_U]
    bitmap: 18/22 pages [72KB], 65536KB chunk"

But S.M.A.R.T. checks don't seem to find anything unusual and the drives are less than two years old.

I learned the following information might help solving my problem.

Raid 0 (Mirror), with:
    1 WD Elements 3TB
    1 WD Elements 4TB

I've got no idea what happened that degraded my raid, because I noticed this error probably a long time after it started. It might not have worked properly from the start. It might have to do with my drives being encrypted. I have to unlock my drives again if my system reboots. I also have to restart my monit service manually everytime my NUC Debian driven OMV restarts. No idea what monit does and if it might have something to do with the Raid.

And now, the output from the various CLI commands is in the attachment.
    DegradedArrayMirror.txt

• Offizieller Beitrag

But S.M.A.R.T. checks don't seem to find anything unusual and the drives are less than two years old.

It may not and the fact that the drives are less than 2 years old is irrelevant. The real problem here is that you are using USB to create a Raid that in itself is a very bad idea and if you were to re install OMV USB attached drives can no longer be added to a Raid.

Best way forward, backup your data and start again and use the drives individually, perhaps have data on one and rsync to the other.

• Offizieller Beitrag

perhaps have data on one and rsync to the other.

@Hopsakee there's instructions for creating an Rsync command line that will create a full disk backup, in this -> guide starting on page 64 (in the current version). The effect is roughly the same as a RAID1 mirror, without the down side of trying to use RAID with USB. You'll also have backup in the event that something goes wrong with the primary drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!