Can't setup Transmission with OpenVPN

• Hello, I have a problem with the setup of Transmission and OpenVPN in Docker. I am following the latest video from Techno Dad Life:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

However when I have done everything as he mentions in the video I get this error message when trying to click "Save" in the "Run image" window.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; docker run -d --restart=always -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=bridge -e PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin" -e OPENVPN_USERNAME="myvpnusername" -e OPENVPN_PASSWORD="myvpnpassword" -e OPENVPN_PROVIDER="NORDVPN" -e GLOBAL_APPLY_PERMISSIONS="true" -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_DOWN="50" -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_TIME_BEGIN="540" -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_TIME_DAY="127" -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_TIME_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_TIME_END="1020" -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_UP="50" -e TRANSMISSION_BIND_ADDRESS_IPV4="0.0.0.0" -e TRANSMISSION_BIND_ADDRESS_IPV6="::" -e TRANSMISSION_BLOCKLIST_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_BLOCKLIST_URL="http://www.example.com/blocklist" -e TRANSMISSION_CACHE_SIZE_MB="4" -e TRANSMISSION_DHT_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR="/data/completed" -e TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_LIMIT="100" -e TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_LIMIT_ENABLED="0" -e TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_SIZE="5" -e TRANSMISSION_ENCRYPTION="1" -e TRANSMISSION_IDLE_SEEDING_LIMIT="30" -e TRANSMISSION_IDLE_SEEDING_LIMIT_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR="/data/incomplete" -e TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_LPD_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_MAX_PEERS_GLOBAL="200" -e TRANSMISSION_MESSAGE_LEVEL="2" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_CONGESTION_ALGORITHM="" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_ID_TTL_HOURS="6" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_LIMIT_GLOBAL="200" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_LIMIT_PER_TORRENT="50" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_PORT="51413" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_PORT_RANDOM_HIGH="65535" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_PORT_RANDOM_LOW="49152" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_PORT_RANDOM_ON_START="false" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_SOCKET_TOS="default" -e TRANSMISSION_PEX_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_PORT_FORWARDING_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_PREALLOCATION="1" -e TRANSMISSION_PREFETCH_ENABLED="1" -e TRANSMISSION_QUEUE_STALLED_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_QUEUE_STALLED_MINUTES="30" -e TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT="2" -e TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_RENAME_PARTIAL_FILES="true" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_BIND_ADDRESS="0.0.0.0" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_HOST_WHITELIST="" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_HOST_WHITELIST_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_PASSWORD="password" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_PORT="9091" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_URL="/transmission/" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_USERNAME="username" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_WHITELIST="127.0.0.1" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_WHITELIST_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_SCRAPE_PAUSED_TORRENTS_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_SCRIPT_TORRENT_DONE_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_SCRIPT_TORRENT_DONE_FILENAME="" -e TRANSMISSION_SEED_QUEUE_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_SEED_QUEUE_SIZE="10" -e TRANSMISSION_SPEED_LIMIT_DOWN="100" -e TRANSMISSION_SPEED_LIMIT_DOWN_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_SPEED_LIMIT_UP="100" -e TRANSMISSION_SPEED_LIMIT_UP_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_START_ADDED_TORRENTS="true" -e TRANSMISSION_TRASH_ORIGINAL_TORRENT_FILES="false" -e TRANSMISSION_UMASK="2" -e TRANSMISSION_UPLOAD_LIMIT="100" -e TRANSMISSION_UPLOAD_LIMIT_ENABLED="0" -e TRANSMISSION_UPLOAD_SLOTS_PER_TORRENT="14" -e TRANSMISSION_UTP_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_WATCH_DIR="/data/watch" -e TRANSMISSION_WATCH_DIR_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_HOME="/data/transmission-home" -e TRANSMISSION_WATCH_DIR_FORCE_GENERIC="false" -e ENABLE_UFW="false" -e UFW_ALLOW_GW_NET="false" -e UFW_EXTRA_PORTS="" -e UFW_DISABLE_IPTABLES_REJECT="false" -e TRANSMISSION_WEB_UI="" -e PUID="1000" -e PGID="100" -e TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME="" -e DROP_DEFAULT_ROUTE="" -e WEBPROXY_ENABLED="true" -e WEBPROXY_PORT="8888" -e HEALTH_CHECK_HOST="google.com" -e CREATE_TUN_DEVICE="true" -e LOCAL_NETWORK="192.168.1.0/25" -e OPENVPN_OPTS="--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60" -v "/sharedfolders/AppData/transmission":"/config":rw -v "/sharedfolders/Downloads":"/data":rw --name="Transmission" --label omv_docker_extra_args="--cap.add=NET_ADMIN -d --network=mynet -p 9091:9091" --cap.add=NET_ADMIN -d --network=mynet -p 9091:9091 "haugene/transmission-openvpn:latest" 2>&1' with exit code '125': unknown flag: --cap.add See 'docker run --help'.

I have tried using the extra arguments he mentions to use if you run in to problems with no help. If I remove the extra arguments and leave it blank I can save and the image runs. When I check the log then I just get errors and and it doesn't work.

I am completely new to Linux and OMV so I would ask you to have that in mind when you answer, that I might not know what you are talking about.

I hope you can help me, if you need any information just ask for it and I will provide it.

Thank you in advance

Wallaby

• When I press the "Show details" button I get this text:

• When I remove this line "--cap.add=NET_ADMIN -d" in extra arguments I am able to save the image but then I get this message in the container log:

standard_init_linux.go:207: exec user process caused "exec format error"

I forgot to add to the thread start that I run OMV on a Rockpro64 4gb SBC.

• Ok don't use this but this is your problem --cap.add=NET_ADMIN -d should be --cap-add=NET_ADMIN -d

It's a dash not a dot :) in between --cap and add

That was it! Thank you, such a stupid mistake :)

Why shouldn't I use it? Did I understand you correctly?

• Sorry just spotted my mistake, should have said 'Ok I don't use this' :) typos with fat fingers :)

Oh, hehe. I get the container to start, though I cannot access the webGUI and there is an error in the log about "tls handshake". This is in the log:

• Offizieller Beitrag

"tls handshake". This is in the log:

This is like twenty questions I can't answer :) but doing a search for that there are some answers out there but how you implement them don't know, but basically it's a network error, one of the sites is openvpn.net and it's one of their FAQ's

Unless that docker has a github -> which by the power of google it has have a look in the issues someone may have had the same problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!