System partition full (newbie)

• Hi, I have a rock64 with 4gb ram and 32gb emmc with OMV 4. I noticed one of the system partition is almost full, namely /dev/mmcblk0p2. I only have 1 docker container running (I had 2 but I uninstalled one to free up some space) and I already cleared system logs.

Help please :) . Also, I have a 32gb emmc, why is my system partition only 7.4gb?

• I have a 32gb emmc, why is my system partition only 7.4gb?

To allow you to use the last partition for data storage as explained at the download page: https://sourceforge.net/projec…ngle%20Board%20Computers/

An OMV install is pretty fine with less than 4GB so those 8GB we limit the OS partition too are some sort of safety headroom. If you put your dockers on the OS drive on a SD card be prepared that the card might die pretty soon (flashmemory plugin won't help here at all).

• I booted with my drives disconnected.

Looks like there is some stuff in sharedfolders. Can I simply delete it? I checked and it's old stuff I don't need.

• Sharedfolders is where your OMV folders are stored. Nothing there should be on your SDcard (unless you've done something really unique with your setup)

It's as easy as loosing connection to a drive (which on majority of SBC is quite easy). One user proposed to use different mount options to prevent this from happening but @votdev voted against since OMV itself is prepared for this. Unfortunately this does not apply to each and every OMV add-on as we can see here or on other occassions since this issue pops up every other month...

• To allow you to use the last partition for data storage as explained at the download page: https://sourceforge.net/projec…ngle%20Board%20Computers/
    An OMV install is pretty fine with less than 4GB so those 8GB we limit the OS partition too are some sort of safety headroom. If you put your dockers on the OS drive on a SD card be prepared that the card might die pretty soon (flashmemory plugin won't help here at all).

Not sure I understand how this should be setup. Should I format the remaining emmc storage with mkfs.btrfs /dev/mmcblk0p3 and then install the docker containers into that partition or should I use a different sd card completely (I have an empty sd card slot)?

• Looks like I have another issue to deal with :( . The nas becomes unreachable some minutes after it has booted. I cannot access the gui nor ssh and from the router's gui it appears like it's disconnected. I though this was caused by the low free space but I guess not. The only way to reach it again is to force a reboot by holding the power button on the board, but shortly after it reboots it becomes unreachable again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could try to clean the rootfs by removing the SD card and delete (or save) the contents of /sharedfolders folder on the SD car, using some linux computer. Possibly a windows computer, with a SD card reader that you booted from a USB stick with Ubuntu Linux on it.

Or boot from a SD card and delete the contents of /sharedfolders folder on emmc.

• nevermind, I just did a fresh install. All seams to be working for now.

edit.

It looks like it wasn't working after all. It was better than before but not fully fixed. I'm trying a new thing now. I found this post where other users were having the same issue and I checked the system log and I had the same error they had.

Code
    Jun 10 00:23:21 rock64 kernel: [   50.374370] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.9.auto: ERROR Transfer event for disabled endpoint or incorrect stream ring
    Jun 10 00:23:21 rock64 kernel: [   50.374386] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.9.auto: @00000000f2cc24b0 00000000 00000000 1b000000 01078001

So, as they suggested I blacklisted uasp and the error disappeared and so far I haven't had any freezes. Will report back if this changes.

What I fail to understand is why is this happening. I bought this adapter (3 of them actually) because it has the jms578 which is known to be a good chip. I flashed the latest firmware from odroid and all seemed to be working fine but apparently it wasn't. I also have a usb to dual sata adapter with the jms561u that someone reported working with the rock64. Well it does work but I get the same error as above unless i blacklist uasp (also hdparm can't recognize if a disk is active or in standby).

Other than the chip and the firmware, what else should one look for when buying this things? @tkaiser @Adoby

• I found this post where other users were having the same issue and I checked the system log and I had the same error they had

I got the ERROR Transfer event for disabled endpoint or incorrect stream ring as a result of underpowering: Building OMV automatically for a bunch of different ARM dev boards.

This is unrelated to your original problem (your disk disappearing from the bus and then some plugin/container filling the rootfs) and also unrelated to other issues and especially UAS. Are the adapters really JMS578 (check lsusb output)? Does the same happen with disks that have an own power brick?

• The disk "disappearing" was my fault because I accidentally bumped into the cable and it got disconnected while downloading.

I got the ERROR Transfer event for disabled endpoint or incorrect stream ring as a result of underpowering:

I'm using a dedicated 4A power brick (that should be more than enough power) for the hard drive and the original pine64 3A power brick for the rock64. I get that error every time I boot the system up (but not with uasp blacklisted).
    The issue I'm having is that the nas becomes unreachable when the hard drive is under heavy load (sometimes i mux videos from and into the drive while downloading multiple files at the same time) and I have to force a reboot. What could cause this?

Are the adapters really JMS578 (check lsusb output)?

They should be the real deal.

Code
    root@rock64:~# lsusb                                                                                                                                                                    
    Bus 005 Device 002: ID 152d:0578 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp.                                                                                                
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub                                                                                                                          
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub                                                                                                                          
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub                                                                                                                          
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 152d:0578 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp.                                                                                                
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub                                                                                                                          
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
  • I get that error every time I boot the system up (but not with uasp blacklisted).

Me too on every RK3328 device (Rock64 and also Renegade). The adapter you're using works the same as the Rock64 SATA cable so the additional '4A' you provide are only there to feed the 12V rail of connected 3.5" disks. As such undervoltage (voltage on the 5V rail provided by the board dropping below 4.xV) might still be the culprit since the USB-to-SATA bridge and the drive's controller need a voltage high enough provided by the SBC. And with some drives even just 4.75 lead to drive resets which manifest themselves (and are confused with) UAS errors.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!