Flashmemory Plugin

• Flashmemory Pluggin

After seeing the TechnoDadLife video about recommended plugins, I have installer the flashmemory plugin, and I haven't change any settings as mentionned in the video.

However, I have a lot or errors in my logs system :

Source Code

1. Jun 9 19:54:02 OMVServer collectd[1263]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
      2. Jun 9 19:54:02 OMVServer collectd[1263]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
      3. Jun 9 19:54:02 OMVServer collectd[1263]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
      4. Jun 9 19:54:02 OMVServer collectd[1263]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
      5. Jun 9 19:54:02 OMVServer collectd[1263]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
      6. Jun 9 19:54:02 OMVServer collectd[1263]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
      7. Jun 9 19:54:02 OMVServer collectd[1263]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
      8. Jun 9 19:54:02 OMVServer collectd[1263]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
      9. Jun 9 19:54:02 OMVServer collectd[1263]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
      10. Jun 9 19:54:02 OMVServer collectd[1263]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
      Is it normal ?

This week end, I my OMV server crashed, and I don't know if it is because this error.

Thanks for your help!
    • Restore the root fs from backup. Or reinstall from scratch.

It is always a very good idea to backup the root fs before trying something new...

Most likely it is possible to fix the problem in some much less drastic way, but I have no idea how.
      OMV 4, 7 x ODROID HC2, 1 x ODROID HC1, 5 x 12TB, 1 x 8TB, 1 x 2TB SSHD, 1 x 500GB SSD, GbE, WiFi mesh
    • Adoby wrote:

Restore the root fs from backup. Or reinstall from scratch.

It is always a very good idea to backup the root fs before trying something new...

Most likely it is possible to fix the problem in some much less drastic way, but I have no idea how.
      I have made a backup with clonezilla before that, but I have made some other things since that moment... And I think that I I restore my previous backup and try to install again the flashmemory pluggin, the same problem will appears...

macom wrote:

have a look at this thread

rrdcached plugin error

Might help to solve your issue without reinstalling
      Seems too complicated for me...

I tried to uninstall the flashmemory pluggin, but I got an error, the FlashMemory tab is still there even after several reboots, and I still have the rddcached error on my logs...

I tooks me arround one month to setup my entire OMV system, I think I need arround half a day to setup again correctly... I think I will wait for OMV 5 official in order to reinstall all my setup from scratch...

Do you have an idea when it will be available ?