Cannot create socket to localhost:2812 -- connection refused

• Hi All

i've done a fresh install of the latest stable OMV, i was getting the usual error of no network interfaces, i've done a omv-first aid and i get the following error error: failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin/sbin:/usr/sbin:usr/local:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; monit monitor collectd 2>&1' with exit code '1': cannont create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- connection refused

ip addr shows just a loopback address

• This is still a problem for me.
    I've done a new install from 4.0.19

Had network, upgraded and updated to 4.0.23, now getting the same problem.

Full Error message

ERROR: failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; monit monitor collectd 2>&1' with exit code '1': Cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- Connection refused

Fan of OMV, but not a fan of over-complication.

• I decided to do a fresh install with a 4.0.19 usb iso

1. I have had to leave the installation media plugged in for the first few reboots. I'll see if that is still the case shortly

2. This cannont create socket got solved after I added a user from the GUI. To be clear I had this from a fresh install.

3. The perpetual apply button was also solved by adding a user.

Fan of OMV, but not a fan of over-complication.

• Hi,
    Fresh install here ( I3, 8Gig. RaM, 160 gig system drive, 2tb data drive)

I too am having the same or a similar issue ( see attachment error_msg_01 ).
    Tried every solution that I saw in the forums to no avail.

However, the following will work:

1. Go to the GUI and go to SYSTEM -> MONITORING ;
    2. Turn off the slider, save and apply the changes ; then
    3. Turn on the slider, save and apply the changes.

This results to the next attachment ( results_01 ).

HOWEVER, if you do a reboot of the system, the same error occurs and you will have to go through the above steps again.

Hope there will be permanent solution to this.

• I have no assigned network address, so can't get to the GUI. Any ideas how I can solve the problem? I do have two network interfsces, maybe I should disconnect one? I've just left it in the box as a backup netowkr jnterfsce....

• Run omv-firstaid and select option to configure network interface.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks gderf, but that's what I did to get the error. The problem is that it won't actually configure the network interface, just gives me the connection refused error (is it somehting to do with monit not working properly?)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!