symlink Source/Destination question

• I've got a quick question about the symlink plugin, specifically what the source/destination fields should be.

Little Background - My wife and I have a small home business. There is a folder on our current Windows Home Server under users, called "Dream Vacations". I am currently using a janky system of dropbox/boxifier to access that shared folder via laptop/desktop/cell phone/tablet, etc.

As I'm moving everything over to the new server, I'm trying to structure everything to be more logical and less janky. So, what I have right now is a folder in nextcloud under admin, shared to both users (Me & My Wife). I would like to add a symlink under my users share called Dream Vacations that goes directly to that folder.

So, nextcloud shared folder is currently located at /sharedfolders/Nextcloud/admin/files/Dream Vacations. I plan on moving the contents of the Dream Vacations folder on the WHS to that folder on the OMV server. Then, I want to put a symlink from /sharedfolders/users/Dream Vacations that points to the Nextcloud folder.

So, is source: /sharedfolders/users/Dream Vacations and destinaton: /sharedfolders/Nextcloud/admin/files/Dream Vacations? Or is it the other way around?

Is this old airplane safe to fly? How in the world do you think it got to be this old?

• Nevermind. Figured it out. For others that may be scratching their head - I had it backwards.
    Source is where the data/real rolder resides. Destination is where the symlink is.

Then I ran into the problem of trying to access it with samba. Here's what I did to fix that:

Add the following lines at the end of /etc/default/openmediavault

• OMV_SAMBA_SHARE_FOLLOWSYMLINKS="yes"
    • OMV_SAMBA_WIDELINKS="yes"
    • OMV_SAMBA_UNIXEXTENSIONS="no"

After that, at the terminal prompt type the following two lines:

• omv-mkconf samba
    • systemctl reload smbd.service

Is this old airplane safe to fly? How in the world do you think it got to be this old?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!