Idea for huge poll to help users

• Hi everyone,
    I wanted to ask if it would be possible to create a huge poll about the most used dockers.
    Since docker is now the suggested way to install things, I thought that huge like that will help users find new thingthat they can with their NAS/server with OMV!
    The ideal thing would be to let user add option to the poll since 20 options are just not enough.
    Otherwise does anyone know a strawpoll that let users add their options and will not close the poll after few days?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Docker Hub @ https://hub.docker.com has a "Most Popular" option for searches into the Container Registry and it's a good way to find those containers easier to use/configure.

This could be a good one though.

A live document with added containers maybe tested/rated by the community. Where we vote on the ones we like the most.

Interesting. Will follow to see what happens.

NOW:
    Mac mini Late 2012 / macOS Catalina / Docker Desktop for Mac
    Intel Core i7-3615QM CPU @ 2.30GHz - 16GB RAM - 4 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 20 docker containers via docker-compose ;)
    PREVIOUS:
    omv 5.2.1-1 (Usul) - Bevy NUC thanks to TechnoDadLife (NUC5CPYB)
    Celeron N3050 @ 1.60GHz - 8GB RAM - 2 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 21 docker containers via docker-compose :)

• I just had this idea after reading your post.
    The problem with the dockerhub most popular image is that most of them are meant for different uses case than OMV.
    Example: i doubt many ùomv users are interested in Oracle database enterprise edition.
    I'm looking for a strawpoll site that will let users add ther own option and has no expire date. Than I was thinking about creating a topic in the "my build" or "docker" section, and ask to stick it to the top so that new and old users can look at it easily for new ideas :D

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Just found this 3 sites:
    http://www.rkursem.com/poll/vi…swer&id=abf7cbc73e7109eba
    https://poll.ly/#/LypAOXdr

https://linkto.run/p/LZ9PNC9P

This is, of course, a test.
    Are admins fine with this? I would add some options, then publish it.

Which do you think would be better?

• Yeah, this would be some thing great for OMV community.

I was thinking about Docker Hub just after search. When I search for an exact image, example transmission, we can see which image is the most popular. Not using the site itself as a "most popular container" kind of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOW:
    Intel Core i7-3615QM CPU @ 2.30GHz - 16GB RAM - 4 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 20 docker containers via docker-compose ;)
    PREVIOUS:
    Celeron N3050 @ 1.60GHz - 8GB RAM - 2 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 21 docker containers via docker-compose :)

• The Poll.ly one lets user add more responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• Yeah, i put 3 different sites, but I would go for poll.ly or quiz-maker.

Waiting for some feedback, possibly from admin about the best section where put the poll, than I'll post it :)

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!