TimeMachine backup via Apple Filling services

• OMV 4.x
    • TimeMachine backup via Apple Filling services

Hi i have 2 Macbook and i need create backup with TimeMachine. I use some Windows computer too.
      I use OMV4 and work great with SMB and Windows when i copy large file 6 gb and more i have transfer speed about 60 mb/s

But problem is with create Time Machine backup. I have configured TimeMachine with OMV 4 and TM work but backup speed is very slow. Time for 11 gb backup is 1 hour.

Where is the problem i need full speed :(

Thank you for help.
      Images
      • na web rychlost porovnanie.png

53.88 kB, 476×351, viewed 45 times
    • Jeremi wrote:

Where is the problem
      The 'problem' lives in your Mac since macOS developers decided backup should be a throttled background task and not negatively interact with foreground processes on your machine. You can change this in Terminal.app or via /etc/sysctl.conf though: sudo sysctl debug.lowpri_throttle_enabled=0

Even then backup speeds won't be that great but that's a client OS limitation. See here for numbers with Gigabit Ethernet: github.com/openmediavault/open…01#issuecomment-468270197

When your MacBooks are using a wireless connection the speeds are always way lower: ASRock J4105 [Macbook Wifi Slow]
      No more contributions to this project until 'alternative facts' (AKA ignorance/stupidity) are gone

The post was edited 1 time, last by tkaiser ().