rsync multiple shares at once

• Sorry it that was answered before but I was unable to find.
    I successfully used rsync to copy files folder-by-folder from the old NAS to OMV.
    Now I want to setup a scheduled task on OMV to backup all my shares to another NAS at once, in one job.
    I do understand how to do this with vanilla rsync - I can just create a shell script and run it by cron, but I would prefer to keep everything in the GUI.
    Alternatively I can setup multiple rsync jobs in the GUI - one per shared folder - but is there a solution to backup all of them at once?

• Offizieller Beitrag

ut is there a solution to backup all of them at once?

If they are all on the same storage, you could create a shared folder at the root of the storage. You could create a mergerfs pool of all storage devices and then create the root folder sharedfolder or you could write a small script to do it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You could create a mergerfs pool of all storage devices and then create the root folder sharedfolder

As soon as I already have UnionFS in place that will be the best option for me. Just created a new share as suggested and had a dry run. Thank you for the hint.

create a folder which contains symlinks to the folders you would like to backup

never thought about such an option, thanks for the idea!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von AndrewZ () aus folgendem Grund: spitted some questions to a separate topic

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!