rsync multiple shares at once

• OMV 4.x
    • Resolved
    • rsync multiple shares at once

Sorry it that was answered before but I was unable to find.
      I successfully used rsync to copy files folder-by-folder from the old NAS to OMV.
      Now I want to setup a scheduled task on OMV to backup all my shares to another NAS at once, in one job.
      I do understand how to do this with vanilla rsync - I can just create a shell script and run it by cron, but I would prefer to keep everything in the GUI.
      Alternatively I can setup multiple rsync jobs in the GUI - one per shared folder - but is there a solution to backup all of them at once?
    • AndrewZ wrote:

ut is there a solution to backup all of them at once?
      If they are all on the same storage, you could create a shared folder at the root of the storage. You could create a mergerfs pool of all storage devices and then create the root folder sharedfolder or you could write a small script to do it.
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

You could create a mergerfs pool of all storage devices and then create the root folder sharedfolder
      As soon as I already have UnionFS in place that will be the best option for me. Just created a new share as suggested and had a dry run. Thank you for the hint.

macom wrote:

create a folder which contains symlinks to the folders you would like to backup
      never thought about such an option, thanks for the idea!

The post was edited 1 time, last by AndrewZ: spitted some questions to a separate topic ().

• Users Online 1

1 Guest

• Tags