No webgui + no update + python error

• Just managed to move my install to a usb stick, as it was on an ssd. I had to fiddle a little with the partitions but now it is done. BUT...

I think that now the ram might be an issue. I have only 2gb of ram, and it was working fine on the ssd, but it is very sluggish on the usb stick. am not being able to login on the web interface, it says connection refused or bad gateway.

I used gnome previously on the system, so I am trying to unninstall it, the ony way I am being able to comunicate with the system is via putty. All the shares are working, user permissions, transmission...

Su, i ran the apt-get update and I got this errors.

File "/usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx", line 91, in <module>
    cache = apt.cache.Cache()
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/cache.py", line 113, in __init__
    self.open(progress)
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/cache.py", line 164, in open
    self._cache = apt_pkg.Cache(progress)
    apt_pkg.Error: E:Problem parsing dependency 20, E:Error occurred while processing libgconf2-4 (NewVersion2), E:Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.br.debian.org_debian_dists_stretch_main_binary-amd64_Packages, E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
    Lendo listas de pacotes... Erro!
    E: Problem parsing dependency 20
    E: Ocorreu um erro ao processar libgconf2-4 (NewVersion2)
    E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.br.debian.org_debian_dists_stretch_main_binary-amd64_Packages
    E: The package lista or files could not be analised or open (As listas de pacotes ou os arquivos de estado não puderam ser analisados ou abertos.)
    root@tristana:~# apt-get upgrade
    Lendo listas de pacotes... Erro!
    E: Problem parsing dependency 20
    E: Ocorreu um erro ao processar libgconf2-4 (NewVersion2)
    E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.br.debian.org_debian_dists_stretch_main_binary-amd64_Packages
    E: As listas de pacotes ou os arquivos de estado não puderam ser analisados ou abertos.

What should I do?

PS: I am going to buy more ram tomorrow to see if this fix the issue.
    PS2: I managed to see the login briefly, but as soon as the services startup, it crashes.

Ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

2gb of ram should be fine. OMV runs well on many arm boards with only 1GB ram. I would first run omv-aptclean (omv-extras needs to be installed). Also, how old is the usb stick?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The USB stick is Brand New sandisk. 16gb.

omv-aptclean gives me this:

[[AException ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f181e0757b8>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f181e0757b8>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Reading package lists... Done

8. Saving current package list...

• Offizieller Beitrag

The weakref.py warning is well known (not caused by omv-aptclean) and doesn't cause a problem. I assume the rest of the output looks ok?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• The rest if fine. I am able to login in the web interface.

As soon as I login, I get this:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; dpkg-query -W -f='${Version}' openmediavault 2>&1' with exit code '2': dpkg-query: erro: a interpretar o ficheiro '/var/lib/dpkg/status' perto da linha 22428 pacote 'libfreerdp-codec1.1:amd64': campo 'Depends', referência a 'libwinpr-registry0.1': versão contém ' '

Some of it is in Portuguese.

The system still usable as normal apart from that. Going to run apt-get update and upgrade, or should I wait to solvethis new error?

• Offizieller Beitrag

should I wait to solvethis new error?

I would try the update and upgrade. You could try to reinstall the package. Do you have a desktop environment installed?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!