Manually add files to the package data!?

• Hello dear community,

I have a question about the source of the package.

I have OMV installed without internet access, so I could not specify a package source and therefore no one was installed.

Of course there is the possibility to add the sources later in /etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list.

But I do not want to grant my NAS Internet access in the future and implement it only in the home network.

Therefore the question:
    Can I also manually install the updates, that is, the data that is normally automatically deployed from the package source?
    If so, can you tell me which file I can insert, so that I can see the updates in OVM without being automatically pulled from the internet?

I would really appreciate your help.

Best regards
    Andy

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can I also manually install the updates, that is, the data that is normally automatically deployed from the package source?

I don't know why you would want to punish yourself and do this. While you could download the packages and install them manually, it would be a nightmare. If you *really* don't want to allow your NAS internet access (not sure why if it is behind a router), then you should create a local repo mirror of the Debian and OMV repos and add that repo to your OMV box.

If so, can you tell me which file I can insert, so that I can see the updates in OVM without being automatically pulled from the internet?

This isn't really possible. And once again, I think you are going down the wrong road.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!