Manually add files to the package data!?

• OMV 4.x
    • Manually add files to the package data!?

Hello dear community,

I have a question about the source of the package.

I have OMV installed without internet access, so I could not specify a package source and therefore no one was installed.

Of course there is the possibility to add the sources later in /etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list.

But I do not want to grant my NAS Internet access in the future and implement it only in the home network.

Therefore the question:
      Can I also manually install the updates, that is, the data that is normally automatically deployed from the package source?
      If so, can you tell me which file I can insert, so that I can see the updates in OVM without being automatically pulled from the internet?

I would really appreciate your help.

Best regards
      Andy
    • hpoperator wrote:

Can I also manually install the updates, that is, the data that is normally automatically deployed from the package source?
      I don't know why you would want to punish yourself and do this. While you could download the packages and install them manually, it would be a nightmare. If you *really* don't want to allow your NAS internet access (not sure why if it is behind a router), then you should create a local repo mirror of the Debian and OMV repos and add that repo to your OMV box.

hpoperator wrote:

If so, can you tell me which file I can insert, so that I can see the updates in OVM without being automatically pulled from the internet?
      This isn't really possible. And once again, I think you are going down the wrong road.
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!