HPE gen7 - Error: attempt to read or write outside of disk ‘hd0’

• Offizieller Beitrag

I picked up a PS/2 keyboard before noticing that the ML110 G6 doesn't have a PS/2 port.

Didn't you check the back plate :)

I cleared the CMOS with the System configuration switch on the system board.

That set's the bios back to defaults.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, it reset the bios. I enabled legacy Sata support and set boot order.

Ok, the 3 HP's I've had have a DVD and an internal USB, I've burn't an image to a DVD booted from that, installed a USB Flash drive to internal onboard USB socket and run the install from the DVD to the USB and it's just worked.

• I reconnected the DVD drive in my main computer. Tried burning a DVD, failed. Tossed the cheap discs and tried with a verbatim.
    Booted to DVD, installed. Ejected disc and rebooted. Same result, same error.
    I will try with a different USB drive tomorrow.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Booted to DVD, installed. Ejected disc and rebooted. Same result, same error.

So it will boot from DVD and install to a USB, the process above is correct after an install the DVD is ejected and the system reboots.

The issue is now is to get this to boot from the USB and this has to be related to the BIOS configuration, I have found an old reference to your machine where the use has transplanted the m'board into another case and it boots esxi from a USB flash drive.

Ok I've found 2 manuals this is the service manual this is the user manual the service manual clearly shows the backplane from the 4 bay plugged into a P212 controller (your second image here) whereas the user manual shows it plugged into the m'board the same as your picture

As a test remove the connector on the m'board that comes from the backplane this should bypass that onboard SAS controller, you may have to enable the first boot option as USB and/or hit F11 to select the boot option.

• I have the same box, similar setup, same issue.

Previously had Ubuntu 16.04 running since late 2016 without issue until a drive failure.

Upgrading to anything more recent and Debian-based drops me into Grub Rescue.

FreeNAS installs fine, but I'm new to FreeBSD so would rather use OpenMediaVault if anyone can help troubleshoot this.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!