syncthing syncs files into wrong folder!

• Hey all,
    I have tried installing the syncthing/syncthing through docker and I can't seem to reach it on port 8384, however, when I install linuxserver/syncthing it does work and I can reach and It is fine but what it does is that it will sync the files to the /config folder rather than the /sync folder and I cannot seem to find why it does that! Also If I may ask, is there a way to have syncthing running on different clients in the house and have them only access their own files rather than just dumping it all in one folder where everybody can read?

• I followed his steps using syncthing/syncthing and i couldn't reach the port, and then downloaded the linuxserver/syncthing and it worked but it syncs to /config folder rather than /sync folder. This is the main issue here

• downloaded the linuxserver/syncthing and it worked but it syncs to /config folder rather than /sync folder. This is the main issue here

Guess I solved it, this how it's done: (every folder name \ other names are from my setup, though they are similar to TDL's videos)

In Docker Container window under "Volumes and Binds" section you set up two lines (see screenshot):

Code
    /sharedfolders/AppData/Syncthing      |      /config      #this is pretty much the same as in TDL video, folder to keep config files
    /sharedfolders/General/Sync     |    /sync    # this is where syncthing docker can keep synced files. In TDL video it was "/sharedfolders/media"

Then you go to Syncthing WebUI, click "Add folder", and put "istruggle" into "Folder label" field and "/sync/istruggle" into "Folder path" field, and click "Save" (see screenshot). No quotes.

Now you have folder /sharedfolders/General/Sync/istruggle at your OMV NAS and it can be shared and synced with other devices.

My error (and yours it seems) was to put "/sharedfolders/General/Sync" into "Folder path" field in Syncthing WebUI. However for docker you've bind "/sharedfolders/General/Sync" to simply "/sync".

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!