New official installer for Plex Media Server - implement as an OMV plugin?

• Last time I've had any contact with Plex, hardware transcoding was only available when the server was running directly on the metal and not in a VM or container.

If that has changed and Docker is able to run on my low-powered Intel Apollo-Lake mini pc, I'd be glad to give it a try.

• Last time I've had any contact with Plex, hardware transcoding was only available when the server was running directly on the metal and not in a VM or container.

If that has changed and Docker is able to run on my low-powered Intel Apollo-Lake mini pc, I'd be glad to give it a try.

The current OMV Plex plugin doesn't really add a lot of value. I does provide a facility for moving the location of the database and provides for the installation of the deprecated PlexPy program.

If you can't (or don't want to) run dockers then just install Plex manually. You can keep it current by subscribing to the appropriate repo provided by Plex. If you need to relocate the database you can create the required override file according to the documentation available from Plex directly.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Since the available plug-in from OVM Extras is no longer supported to run directly on the hardware

Unless I'm very wrong it runs on bare metal as you would say or run natively as a application and not in a Docker container.
    you can add Debian version of Plex Media Server to your update list.
    Plex Pass members can follow these instructions to get the most recent Debian version of Plex Media Server.

• Click on this link to go to the Plex forum. Then click on Sign In in the upper right. Sign in with your UserID and Password.
    • Once signed in click on this link. You are now in a Plex Pass only section of the forum.
    • The 1st post contains links to the latest Debian 32 bit and 64 bit package of Plex Media Server. Download the appropriate package for your machine.

My homebrew Nas
    OMV 4
    ASRock760GM-HDV
    AMD Phenom II X6 1065T
    Viper 3 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
    PNY 120GB SSD
    Two: Hitachi 4TB
    In a HP Pavilion case :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!