SOLVED: Help running Appimage on XFCE

• I need to run Plex Media Player (PMP) so I can use my OMV as a headless receiver for casting music. PMP, however, comes only as an Appimage. I couldn't run it through SSH under root so I installed the xfce+rdp plugin and tried to run it in the graphical environment. Sadly, it still fails to run. Even though I marked it as chmod a+x using the root account, the user account cannot execute the Appimage. If I try in XFCE's terminal, I get permission denied.

I presume this whole thing has to do with the permissions of the user, but I can't figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated!

• chown the file to the user:group you wish to run it as and then chmod 777

Also, you don't say what directory you are in when in the terminal, in what directory the appimage is located, and the exact command you use to run it in the terminal. It all matters.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!