How to get full text search working in Nextcloud with ElasticSearch?

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to get full text search working in Nextcloud with ElasticSearch?

Hi there,
      according to @TechnoDadLife videos I managed to install LinuxServer.io Nextcloud 16 and MariaDB on my OMV 4 NAS succesfully. However, I stumble on how to get full text search running within Nextcloud . According to the Nextcloud wiki " Installation of Full Text Search with ElasticSearch and a Files Indexer " ElasticSearch is the way to go because the Nextant search plugin is end of life. ElasticSearch needs Java to work and within the Nextcloud docker, there is no Java. When I try to use a stand-alone Elasticsearch docker I cant get the Nextcloud and the Elasticsearch docker connected. Perhaps someone has a tutrial on how to get ElasticSearch work with docker on OMV?

Thanks in advance,
      topi
      OpenMediaVault 4.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 4.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel
    • Hi fraxor,
      unfortunately no, I gave up in this three docker container jungle and changed happily my setup to:
      For connecting FileRun, Tika-Server and Elasticsearch I used the excellent FileRun manual FileRun File indexing and full-text searching .
      OpenMediaVault 4.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 4.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

The post was edited 1 time, last by topi ().