How to get full text search working in Nextcloud with ElasticSearch?

• Hi there,
    according to @TechnoDadLife videos I managed to install LinuxServer.io Nextcloud 16 and MariaDB on my OMV 4 NAS succesfully. However, I stumble on how to get full text search running within Nextcloud . According to the Nextcloud wiki " Installation of Full Text Search with ElasticSearch and a Files Indexer " ElasticSearch is the way to go because the Nextant search plugin is end of life. ElasticSearch needs Java to work and within the Nextcloud docker, there is no Java. When I try to use a stand-alone Elasticsearch docker I cant get the Nextcloud and the Elasticsearch docker connected. Perhaps someone has a tutrial on how to get ElasticSearch work with docker on OMV?

Thanks in advance,
    topi

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Hi @topi

did you manage to get the full text search for NextCloud with the ElasticSearch Container to work? I'm also starting this project, but don't know where to start.
    here is a guide in German, but is not made with Container solution.

thanks for replay if you managed to run it.

• Hi fraxor,
    unfortunately no, I gave up in this three docker container jungle and changed happily my setup to:

For connecting FileRun, Tika-Server and Elasticsearch I used the excellent FileRun manual FileRun File indexing and full-text searching .

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von topi ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!