Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?

• Offizieller Beitrag

File transfer speed 115 MB/s
    CPU load during transfer %40
    Hdd WD my passport 1TB

What filesystem did you use on the WD? If it was BTRFS, you might want to take a look at -> this, and run dmesg to see if your drive is affected. While there are several models and a few different sizes of my passport, the particular 4TB model I have didn't get along with BTRFS.

• WD'de hangi dosya sistemini kullandınız? BTRFS ise, -> buna bir göz atmak ve sürücünüzün etkilenip etkilenmediğini görmek için [tt] dmesg [/ tt] komutunu çalıştırmak isteyebilirsiniz. Birkaç model ve pasaportumun birkaç farklı boyutu olsa da, sahip olduğum 4 TB modeli, BTRFS ile iyi geçinemedi.

i use ext4 file format

• I tried another way to run OMV on the RPI 4, by using an existing 4.1.22 install, which I created using a RPI 3 and then upgrade the Raspbian version to Buster using the procedure described here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/bl…-new-version-of-raspbian/ (basically changing all instances of the word "stretch" to "buster" in /etc/apt/sources.list and all files below /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* and then run "apt update" and "apt dist-upgrade". Once this was all done and still worked on the RPI 3, I moved the SD card to the RPI 4 and voila.... All seems to work fine.

Network speed copying files from a Windows machine to the OMV 4.1.22 running on the RPI 4 was great: Windows reporting a 100 MB/s speed, as it should be.
    Temperature is an issue. I installed a small computer fan in my RPI 4 housing. Fan needs 12V for full speed, but tuned it down to 9.5 Volt to keep it quiet. A DC voltage step-up from 5V to 9.5 V allows feeding from the PI directly.

• Hi,

I can not get this to work. Tried twice.

I am sure I did every step right. Downloaded a fresh Raspian Buster lite img. Installed omv through armbian-config.
    Before the reboot nginx is installed website appears, but after the reboot there is no web-ui. I am using the ip address. ssh access is ok after reboot.

How can I debug?

Thanks, Sebastian

• don't use it Raspian Buster lite

İnstall (Raspbian Buster with desktop)

and follow instructions

I've overcome the problem with this method

• don't use it Raspian Buster lite

İnstall (Raspbian Buster with desktop)

Bad advice. Something broke when you tried to install OMV5 the first time (using Raspbian Lite). And the 2nd time you installed it (this time using the normal Raspbian release) things went smoothly. I've absolutely no idea what you did different but it's not related to choosing the fat Raspbian release.

While there are several models and a few different sizes of my passport, the particular 4TB model I have didn't get along with BTRFS

100% BS.

• Bad advice. Something broke when you tried to install OMV5 the first time (using Raspbian Lite). And the 2nd time you installed it (this time using the normal Raspbian release) things went smoothly. I've absolutely no idea what you did different but it's not related to choosing the fat Raspbian release.

the same thing happened to me
    the problem was fixed after installing this version later .(Raspbian Buster with desktop)
    that's why I thought the problem was
    but I just did a new installation again, I encountered different problems .(Raspbian Buster with desktop)
    I agree with what you say, there's something wrong, but I don't know what it is, a different problem arises in each installation.

• I tried Raspbian Lite, Normal and Full, and following the exact same steps I can only see the "Welcome to nginx!" webpage when installed, but a connection refused once rebooted. Where can I investigate?
    /var/log/syslog spam "monit[900]: 'nginx' failed protocol test [HTTP] at [127.0.0.1]:80 [TCP/IP] -- Connection refused" and keep stopping and restarting nginx, but /var/log/nginx/error.log it's empty.

• Please note that there's no OMV image suitable for the RPi 4 and what I've written before was a step by step list what I did to get OMV5 up and running (after switching from 'swap on SD card' to zram it works beautifully).

In my lab network there's no IPv6 enabled and in the past we had reports about nginx problems when IPv6 was active. Playing 'trial&error mode' you could edit the file /boot/cmdline.txt and add there  ipv6.disable=1 to the end of the first line (the leading space is important, otherwise your RPi might not boot and you need to edit this file again). Reboot and then try to install OMV5 from scratch.

• To get a BETA OMV5 install on the RPi 4 all I did now was

For anyone eagerly trying to get OMV on his RPi 4... care to read what I've written?

BETA

Just tried to update my install and got this

Code
    Preparing to unpack .../openmediavault_5.0.3-1_all.deb ...
    Unpacking openmediavault (5.0.3-1) over (5.0.2-1) ...
    Setting up openmediavault (5.0.3-1) ...
    Creating configuration database ...
    Migrating configuration database ...
    ERROR: Failed to apply migrations: The script '/usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/migrations.d/conf_5.0.3.sh' is not executable
    dpkg: error processing package openmediavault (--configure):
     installed openmediavault package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

Now my OMV install is broken. So it seems something in 5.0.3 doesn't work well and as such installation yesterday might have worked and today not.

OMV 5.0.3 has been pushed to the repo yesterday afternoon.

A beta release is for beta testers only. Those are either developers or experienced users who want to contribute to development. There's nothing for end users (now).

Edit: Trashed my install, overwritten the SD card with Raspbian Lite again just to realize that installation breaks too.

• I did upgrade an RPI3 OMV4 install to buster and it is working great on the pi 4

You should expect problems down the road.

• OMV4 expects running on Debian Stretch
    • the partition layout of the current OMV image will most probably result in upgrade hassles later (the /boot partition being too small so if you want to upgrade and there's both 'firmware' as well as kernel updates at the same time you might run into a 'filesystem full' situation resulting in a bricked install)

Most probably RPi Trading guys now do the same they did in the past to force every RPi user away from Jessie to Stretch. Back then they stopped providing both kernel and 'firmware' updates for installations still running on Jessie (which was basic requirement for OMV3) and we needed to do some ugly apt pinning to resolve this: https://github.com/ThomasKaise…rences.d/99raspberrypiorg

So maybe it works to add/adjust the file /etc/apt/preferences.d/99raspberrypiorg with the following contents to get a working OMV4 installation still based on Stretch:

2nd prerequisite for something like this is echo 'deb https://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/ buster main' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/raspberry.list followed by an apt update of course. But all of this is just an ugly hack not supposed to work reliably over time (the partition size problem is my main concern).

• Is there a method of this I want to install OMV 4.1.22?

This is what I was talking about above. But even if this works still the boot partition is too small so later updates (kernel and 'firmware' updates, not OMV updates) might result in a bricked board.

I wanted to test this today but weather is fine so leaving now for some fun in the mountains...

• This is what I was talking about above. But even if this works still the boot partition is too small so later updates (kernel and 'firmware' updates, not OMV updates) might result in a bricked board.
    I wanted to test this today but weather is fine so leaving now for some fun in the mountains...

MiniTool Partition Wizard (Free version) can we expand by booting using this program?

• Ok,

tried your suggestion. Works perfectly.

In line 10 you meant release=stretch. Correct?

Did it that way.
    Resizing the boot partition is easy too. Did that by deleting and recreating with Gparted.

As soon as OMV 5 is available I will use that anyway.

I tried to get an img with raspiBackup which worked but on restore the system was booting but not working correctly. This is doing a dd of the disk. Does the backup tool do something different?

Thanks Sebastian

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!