Samba not discoverable after OMV reboot

• Greetings, first of all i want to thank all the wonderful people that posted troubleshooting tips and tutorials. About two weeks ago i started building my first NAS out of an old intel ss4200-e with absolutely no knowledge about how to run a server (or work on linux) so you guys have helped me out a lot. I hoped i could get everything i wanted working without asking for help but as the title suggest i was wrong.

The problem:
    SMB worked fine when i first enabled it but after the first reboot it was undiscoverable under Win10, however the mapped drives are working properly. Samba SMB Daemon is active and running, Samba NMB Daemon is active and running. There is no Fake start-stop-daemon called (none that i can see)

Workaround (until next reboot)
    -manually stopping and starting samba from shell -> did not work
    -manually restarting samba from shell -> did not work
    -manually stopping and starting samba from OMV GUI -> WORKS -> Win10 now sees the server under Network and everything is working as expected

Does anyone know what is the problem here? After every reboot i have to login and restart the service for it to show up. For me that isn't an issue but there are other family members who don't know how to do this. Also i've checked "samba status" after reboot and after i applied the fix and there are some differences in the output even tho in both instances it reports they are active and running.

Keep in mind i'm a noob :D

-

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does anyone know what is the problem here?

In SMB/CIFS disable Local Master Browser -> Save -> Apply, that should resolve it :)

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• Thank you for the reply, since posting this i've found out that only my win10 machine has this problem, tested with other win10 systems and it worked fine. Will disable local master browser if the problem appears again on other machines. Thanks you :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!