502 bad gateway nginx OMV 4 Rock64

• 502 bad gateway nginx OMV 4 Rock64

Hi,
      I have running since few weeks properly my NAS on Rock64, today I tried found is not running. When I tried to log wia GUI i get a message 502 bad gateway nginx. I tried to update, bothing changed.

Honestly, this is not the first time, I've taken the installation again from the beginning. It happened a few times, maybe because the quality of the SD card is low?

root@NAS:~# omv-release-upgrade

Get:1 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives InRelease
      Ign:1 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives InRelease
      Get:2 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Release
      Ign:2 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Release
      Get:3 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages
      Ign:3 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Packages
      Get:4 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en
      Ign:4 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Translation-en
      Hit:5 security.debian.org stretch/updates InRelease
      Hit:6 ppa.launchpad.net/ayufan/rock64-ppa/ubuntu xenial InRelease
      Hit:7 packages.openmediavault.org/public arrakis InRelease
      Get:9 deb.ayufan.eu/orgs/ayufan-rock64/releases InRelease [1339 B]
      Hit:11 openmediavault.github.io/packages arrakis InRelease
      Ign:12 dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrakis stretch InRelease
      Ign:8 cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian stretch InRelease
      Get:14 dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrakis stretch Release [4389 B]
      Hit:14 dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrakis stretch Release
      Hit:10 cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian stretch-updates InRelease
      Hit:13 cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian stretch-backports InRelease
      Hit:15 cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian stretch Release
      Fetched 1339 B in 12s (104 B/s)
      Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xf66f5468>
      Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
      TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
      Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xf66f5468>
      Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
      TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
      Reading package lists... Done
      W: Target Packages (main/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list:1
      W: Target Packages (main/binary-arm64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list:1
      W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list:1
      W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list:1
      W: Target Packages (main/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list:1
      W: Target Packages (main/binary-arm64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list:1
      W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list:1
      W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list:1
      Reading package lists... Done
      Building dependency tree
      Reading state information... Done
      Calculating upgrade... Done
      0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgrade

The post was edited 1 time, last by maciekelga ().

• maciekelga wrote:

maybe because the quality of the SD card is low?
      Have you tested the card with H2testw on Windows or f3 on Linux?

maciekelga wrote:

This is the command to upgrade from one version to another. For example from OMV3 to OMV4.

The command to update is omv-update. However as you are already on OMV4 and there is currently no newer version, the result is the same.
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!:
    • macom wrote:

maciekelga wrote:

maybe because the quality of the SD card is low?
      Have you tested the card with H2testw on Windows or f3 on Linux?

maciekelga wrote:

This is the command to upgrade from one version to another. For example from OMV3 to OMV4.
      The command to update is omv-update. However as you are already on OMV4 and there is currently no newer version, the result is the same.
      No, I didn`t tested...

Is the output of omv-firstaid, after choose 2 option, it ask about port (80) i pressed OK and then:

ERROR: Failed to connect /var/lib/openmediavault/engined.sock: [Errno 111] Conne ction refused
      root@NAS:~#
    • Source Code

1. ii openmediavault 4.1.22-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
      2. ii openmediavault-flashmemory 4.2.1 all folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
      3. ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
      4. ii openmediavault-netatalk 4.0.7-1 all OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
      5. ii openmediavault-nginx 4.0.3 all Nginx plugin for OpenMediaVault.
      6. ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 4.1.15 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
      7. ii openmediavault-openvpn 4.0.3 all OpenVPN plugin for OpenMediaVault.
      8. ii openmediavault-shellinabox 3.4 all Web-based SSH client.
      9. ii openmediavault-urbackup-server 3.1 all OpenMediaVault urbackup-server plugin
      Display All
    • Yes, see below

Source Code

1. root@NAS:~# omv-mkconf nginx
      2. root@NAS:~# omv-mkconf php-fpm
      3. root@NAS:~# systemctl restart nginx
      4. root@NAS:~# system restart php7.0-fpm
      5. -bash: system: command not found
      6. root@NAS:~# systemctl restart php7.0-fpm
      7. Job for php7.0-fpm.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered to the control process.
      8. See "systemctl status php7.0-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
      9. root@NAS:~#
      10. root@NAS:~# systemctl status php7.0-fpm.service
      11. ● php7.0-fpm.service - The PHP 7.0 FastCGI Process Manager
      12. Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/php7.0-fpm.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
      13. Active: failed (Result: signal) since Mon 2019-06-24 19:07:31 UTC; 43s ago
      14. Docs: man:php-fpm7.0(8)
      15. Process: 10274 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/php-fpm7.0 --nodaemonize --fpm-config /etc/php/7.0/fpm/php-fpm.conf (code=killed, signal=SEGV)
      16. Main PID: 10274 (code=killed, signal=SEGV)
      17. Jun 24 19:07:31 NAS systemd[1]: Starting The PHP 7.0 FastCGI Process Manager...
      18. Jun 24 19:07:31 NAS systemd[1]: php7.0-fpm.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
      19. Jun 24 19:07:31 NAS systemd[1]: Failed to start The PHP 7.0 FastCGI Process Manager.
      20. Jun 24 19:07:31 NAS systemd[1]: php7.0-fpm.service: Unit entered failed state.
      21. Jun 24 19:07:31 NAS systemd[1]: php7.0-fpm.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
      Display All
    • Since the nginx plugin is installed, I'm guessing there is some bad config in the server tab of that plugin. This is a good reason to use docker. What is the output of: sudo nginx -t (there really isn't a config test for php-fpm which may be the problem).
      omv 4.1.23 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Great. I didn't think nginx was the problem. So, it must be your config for fpm. I can't see your config though...

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • maciekelga wrote:

Hmm, Is it any way You can help me?
      I have minimal time but I can't help you if you don't post any of your config.

maciekelga wrote:

Of course I can install again, but I don`t like to do it every 5-6 weeks...
      Why would you have to reinstall? Just uninstall the nginx plugin and move it to docker if you ever plan on using OMV 5 - Why should you use or not use dockers

• You have nothing configured in the nginx plugin. So, that isn't causing the problem.

What about (as root)

rm /var/run/php-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock
      systemctl restart php7.0-fpm.service

• Source Code

1. root@NAS:~# rm /var/run/php-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock
      2. rm: cannot remove '/var/run/php-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock': No such file or directory
      3. root@NAS:~# systemctl restart php7.0-fpm.service
      4. Job for php7.0-fpm.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered to the control process.
      5. See "systemctl status php7.0-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
      6. root@NAS:~#

Source Code

1. root@NAS:~# systemctl status php7.0-fpm.service
      2. ● php7.0-fpm.service - The PHP 7.0 FastCGI Process Manager
      3. Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/php7.0-fpm.service; enabled; vendor prese
      4. t: enabled)
      5. Active: failed (Result: signal) since Tue 2019-06-25 20:18:33 UTC;
      6. 24s ago
      7. Docs: man:php-fpm7.0(8)
      8. Process: 28603 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/php-fpm7.0 --nodaemonize --fpm-config /etc/
      9. php/7.0/fpm/php-fpm.conf (code=killed, signal=SEGV)
      10. Main PID: 28603 (code=killed, signal=SEGV)
      11. Jun 25 20:18:33 NAS systemd[1]: Starting The PHP 7.0 FastCGI Process Manager...
      12. Jun 25 20:18:33 NAS systemd[1]: php7.0-fpm.service: Main process exited,
      13. code=killed, status=11/SEGV
      14. Jun 25 20:18:33 NAS systemd[1]: Failed to start The PHP 7.0 FastCGI Proc
      15. ess Manager.
      16. Jun 25 20:18:33 NAS systemd[1]: php7.0-fpm.service: Unit entered failed
      17. state.
      18. Jun 25 20:18:33 NAS systemd[1]: php7.0-fpm.service: Failed with result '
      19. signal'.
      20. root@NAS:~# journalctl -xe
      21. -- Logs begin at Tue 2019-06-25 15:57:34 UTC, end at Tue 2019-06-25 20:19:03 UTC
      22. . --
      23. Jun 25 19:48:12 NAS monit[1490]: 'php-fpm' trying to restart
      24. Jun 25 19:48:12 NAS monit[1490]: 'php-fpm' start: '/bin/systemctl start php7.0-f
      25. pm'
      26. Jun 25 19:48:12 NAS systemd[1]: Starting The PHP 7.0 FastCGI Process Manager...
      27. -- Subject: Unit php7.0-fpm.service has begun start-up
      28. -- Defined-By: systemd
      29. -- Support: https://www.debian.org/support
      30. --
      31. -- Unit php7.0-fpm.service has begun starting up.
      32. Jun 25 19:48:12 NAS systemd[1]: php7.0-fpm.service: Main process exited,
      33. code=killed, status=11/SEGV
      34. Jun 25 19:48:12 NAS systemd[1]: Failed to start The PHP 7.0 FastCGI Proc
      35. ess Manager.
      36. -- Subject: Unit php7.0-fpm.service has failed
      37. -- Defined-By: systemd
      38. -- Support: https://www.debian.org/support
      39. --
      40. -- Unit php7.0-fpm.service has failed.
      41. --
      42. -- The result is failed.
      43. Jun 25 19:48:12 NAS systemd[1]: php7.0-fpm.service: Unit entered failed
      44. root@NAS:~#
      Display All
      Btw. which version of OMV release is the best for Rock64 ? Which is the most stable version?

The post was edited 1 time, last by maciekelga ().

• maciekelga wrote:

which version of OMV release is the best for Rock64 ? Which is the most stable version?
      4.x is the best for all supported devices including the rock64. This seems like a bad SD card. Is it new and good quality?

• ryecoaaron wrote:

maciekelga wrote:

which version of OMV release is the best for Rock64 ? Which is the most stable version?
      4.x is the best for all supported devices including the rock64. This seems like a bad SD card. Is it new and good quality?
      To be honestly I`m afraid is a low quality of SD card...I will buy a newone. Some like below it is fine?

sandisk-store.pl/pl/p/SanDisk-…U3-Karta-Pamieci/23078068

sandisk-store.pl/pl/p/SANDISK-…10-UHS-I-ADAPTER/23078283

Is it important which release? ayufan v armbian?

I see link for image is not active:
      OMV for ROCK64 (and other RK3328 devices soon)
    • maciekelga wrote:

Some like below it is fine?
      Should be ok. A1 or A2 rated cards from good manufacturer.

maciekelga wrote:

Is it important which release? ayufan v armbian?
      Use the Rock64 image from here - sourceforge.net/projects/openm…ngle%20Board%20Computers/