Unable to delete shared folders

• I've setup a couple of shared folders but show can't find a way to delete those again.

The delete-button just stays greyed out no matter what I select:

Any idea what's preventing me from deleting those shares? There's only a single test user setup, which I've also deleted.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm not familiar with the language there, but I'm going to assume "Ja" means "Yes". That means that directory is referenced by a plugin or service (SMB, NFS, rsync, etc.) So you need to remove it from whatever service is referencing it, then you should be able to delete it.

Assuming you have omv-extras installed, you should have a plugin you can install called "openmediavault-resetpermissions" (or something like that... I'm not near my NAS at the moment).. Install that, and it will add a button to the shared folder screen that says "Shared folder in Use"... Click that, and it should tell you what is referencing that directory. Remove that directory from whatever is referencing it, and you should be able to delete the share.

• I've found that I can't delete shares when they are being used by other services. For example, I had docker utilizing a shared folder, I had to make sure that docker was no longer using the fileshare before I could delete it.

Look closely at what is being used by other plugins/services...you can't delete something that is being used.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've found that I can't delete shares when they are being used by other services. For example, I had docker utilizing a shared folder, I had to make sure that docker was no longer using the fileshare before I could delete it.

Look closely at what is being used by other plugins/services...you can't delete something that is being used.

That's by design... That's why the reset perms plugin had to the feature added to fin what plugins/add ons were using what shares. Invariably people say "No, I removed it from every service".. .then when they actually look, it's still running in a plugin they don't use very often or a plugin that runs automatically (rsync, ftp, etc.)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!